Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

Accountant Interview

Interview

Asked some basic questions about yourself and some behavioral questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions

• We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Engineering Tech Interview

Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Communications Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Referred to the interviewer by a member of U.S. Congress representing the company's location. Interviewer was provided my resume and letters of recommendation. Also, Interviewer received a couple of emails recommending me for the position.

Interview Questions

• It was the craziest and shortest interview I ever had. The interviewer was a VP. She seemed to be very angry with me from the moment I walked into her office. She asked questions about my membership and involvement with a well known national association for professionals in my field. I just assumed she was using that as an opening to the interview. Then she immediately switched the conversation to her tirade about her personal stock market loss due to the downfall of a former employer of mine. That company declared bankruptcy following discovery of internal accounting fraud, of which I had no knowledge as an employee in an unrelated department. I expressed my sympathy for her loss and attempted to explain to her that even employees suffered tremendous loss as a result of that company bankruptcy, but she quickly escorted me to the door, where I smiled, shook her hand, told her I was very interested in the position, and thanked her for her time and consideration of my qualifications. On the way back to my parked car, which I had left only 10 minutes earlier, I wondered if she had even noted that on my list of references was a former boss, a U.S. Senator who currently served on her company's board of directors. A couple years later I read a newspaper article about her being fired in which she was labeled the most hated woman in the city. The reason I am sharing this experience is to remind everyone that you never know what to expect in an interview. All you can do is be prepared, keep your composure and good manners in check, and realize that everybody has a bad day every now and then. Know also that God has a reason for everything; you may or may not know all the answers this side of eternity; even bad experiences can have good resolutions for those called according to His purpose.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company.

Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pearsall, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Pearsall, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Very brief, they almost immediately gave me the position. I interviewed with the Area manager, he walked me over to the dispatch office and showed me what they do on a daily basis. We went over the compensation package and was briefed on shift times and work load expectations. I sat with the dispatcher on shift and shadowed for 30 minutes or so. They said they would be in touch. I received a call the next day to start work.

Title Landman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2013.

Interview

One meeting with the Department Manager. He asked about background, skills, and goals. Very casual and conversational. There were no "test" questions as all new hires went through Title Training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Landman and what skills do you believe you have that would make you a good Landman?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a different job?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2008.

Interview

Started off by talking to the recruiters at my schools career fair. Then had an on-campus interview, pretty standard stuff, pretty relaxed though. It wasn't too stressful, but I was the first interview of the day. Overall pretty good interview process.