Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

I applied online and got called about a month later about setting up an interview. The interview itself was easy. It was conversational with a few questions regarding my resume. No situational/behavioral type questions. I still haven't heard from them. It's been about a week.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Tulsa, OK) in September 2015.

Interview

applied online, 15 minute on campus interview, guy liked my suit, we clicked and were pretty similar, I asked questions about the culture, got a call 3 weeks later

Interview Questions

• If you were a candy bar, which one would you be and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through the career fair. Was requested for an interview. Interview was largely behavioral based questions focusing more your fit for the company and less on previous experience and technical abilities.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

Very behaviorally based. They asked a lot of questions involving "tell me a time when." I was unprepared for a lot of the questions but none of them were unreasonable. I was interviewed by three engineers after a campus recruiting event.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to put someone else's needs above your own.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Very unstructured interview process. Went from person to person in their offices and talked to predetermined folks. One person that stuck out was a fellow who had a collection of hard hats over his desk. He pointed to the Enron one and said that Chesapeake reminded him a lot of Enron.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (New York, NY).

Interview

First was a Phone Interview - That was Followed up with an in person interview. Chk campus was very nice but hard to find correct building. I'd suggest trying to find a campus map online or physically finding the building the day before.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions - asked about accounting background - recently graduated so did not have much work experience   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Laramie, WY).

Interview

Chesapeake came to recruit at Rocky Mountain Rendezvous in Laramie, WY. There was only one round of interviews for applicants and they followed up within a week of the interview in a personal phone call. The interview itself was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. Mostly typical interview questions but geared more towards my thesis research.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to tell your thesis advisor no? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2012.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. Second, I was invited to have a panel interview with the team members and one manager. Chesapeake's outlook is not too good, and during the interview, the team members "suck up" to the manager for the most part. I feel like I wasn't really needed. The manager mainly asked the question.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay working overtime with out pay? Give me a percentage on how much you are willing to travel. Are you familiar with six sigma? And other questions directed towards my resume.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview that lasted about ten minutes. Went onto campus for a final in person interview with a panel. Each member asked questions which were not too difficult on the scale and were geared towards skill set and personality. There is a great feeling of workforce compatibility that they strive for in the company. The interviewers also allowed me to express my skill sets in relation to the job's requirements. I asked them questions as well about work-life balance and where my place would be on the team which were answered with full honesty, something I learned after joining.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, basic interview with about half of the questions being behavioral and the other half simple questions about yourself. Two people were in the interviewing room alternating questions. Very nice recruiters, just make sure you know a little about the position and behavioral situations and you should be fine.