Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Lease Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and heard back for an interview within 1 week, straight forward interview asking about my previous jobs, my in treat in oil and gas proffession, one line manager was staring at his notes while another seemed very intrested, lasted 30 minutes, and was told they would call, talked about what it would be like when I worked there however it has been a week and I haven't heard back

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that would set you apart from others?   1 Answer

Senior Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2015.

Interview

I have applied for no less than 9 positions for which I would be qualified. Was finally contacted by HR for a pre-screen conversation. Afterwards I was contacted for a phone interview with the HM of the position, the Credit Manager. Overall the phone interview went horrible. The HM could barely speak English and it was very clear English was a second language to Spanish. When I stated I had 20 years experience in commercial credit, his response was "Oh". Ding Ding Ding, old guy (in my 40's and he had viewed my Linkedin.com profile prior to the call). Having researched the hiring manager he is clearly in his very early 30's and was new in the role. Needless to say, the next day I received the generic decline letter. Overall, a very sad experience. Phone interviews are the laziest way a company can interview people. I have since decided not to do phone interviews for in town companies. I give my full attention while on a phone interview, and I can't compete with the hiring manager checking email, facebook and etc while doing a phone screening. HR companies; put the "human" back in interviews. You're missing quality talent by phone screening.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2015.

Interview

Very unstructured interview process. Went from person to person in their offices and talked to predetermined folks. One person that stuck out was a fellow who had a collection of hard hats over his desk. He pointed to the Enron one and said that Chesapeake reminded him a lot of Enron.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

In the fall of 2013, I was scheduled for a first phone interview with a recruiter from the HR department. It didn't happen. I received a second phone call from another recruiter to reschedule a phone interview. I waited the week after, nothing happened. Finally, after a week, I received another phone call to reschedule the interview that I was suppose to have initially. The person who interviewed me hinted that the first two recruiters "left" their company. The truth is that these two recruiters got laid off. This tells me a lot about the company.

Afterwards, I was able to land an onsite interview. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my projects on my resume, how much I can bench press, and how do I learn something quickly.   Answer Question

Stability is an issue for me. I am not optimistic about Chesapeake Energy after doing further research.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in November 2014.

Interview

Process is taking quite a while. I had a pre-screening phone interview, and then called in for an actual interview. It only lasted 30 min. Haven't received an email saying i didn't get the position, also haven't received a call saying I did. Going on about a month after hearing anything.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple, basic interview questions relating to my previous positions.   Answer Question

Pumper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Communication was terrible. Took over 6 months to get back to me after the interview. Needless to say I had already accepted a job with a different company. Did the same thing with a few other people I know as well.

Interview Questions

Called me 6 months after interview already had a different job.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2014.

Interview

The University Relations department called me a week after my initial application to schedule an interview for the end of the week. I had about two days of notice for the interview, so be prepared to research the company. They asked questions related to my resume but focused mainly on behavioral questions. The interview was via webcam and only last 20 minutes. Three people from the accounting department asked the various questions. All were encouraging through the interview. Have questions prepared for them as well, so they know you are seriously interested in the internship. I only had one interview before accepting their offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite thing about working at _________?   Answer Question

Land Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

No technical questions were asked. My resume demonstrated I had all the requisite technical knowledge and experience the position required. The interview was by two line managers who asked a lot of details about my previous experience. The interview ultimately clearly focused on determining whether or not I would fit in with their group.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was a surprisingly pointed inquiry into my interests outside work.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Informal interview with two other accountants in different fields. Asked various questions related to accounting and the fields you would like to go into. Followed by tour of facilities and more on campus interviews.

Field Engineering Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed through my university career fair. I submitted my resume at the career fair and was called back the next day for the interview. It was a very easy process. Basic resume and personality/goal questions. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. I received an offer within about 2 weeks after the interview and accepted it a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were working in a group and had a disagreement with someone. How did you handle it?   Answer Question