Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Received an interview at a student expo. The interview itself was really relaxed. It really seemed more like a conversation than an interview. It was supposed to last 30 minutes but it ended up being more than 45 minutes.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. The interview was held at corporate headquarters. First half of the interview was going over my resume. Second half consisted of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview that lasted about ten minutes. Went onto campus for a final in person interview with a panel. Each member asked questions which were not too difficult on the scale and were geared towards skill set and personality. There is a great feeling of workforce compatibility that they strive for in the company. The interviewers also allowed me to express my skill sets in relation to the job's requirements. I asked them questions as well about work-life balance and where my place would be on the team which were answered with full honesty, something I learned after joining.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

First interviewed with CHK at career fair in spring 2014. First interview was brief and very pleasant with not difficult questions, mostly asked about research/work experience and how my skills would contribute to the company. I was contacted the following Monday to arrange an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of two interviews with two managers in each. These were more formal but still casual and they mostly asked how my thesis research could relate to industry. The campus is amazing and unfortunately I was notified two days later that I was not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of CHK's shale plays?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions

• We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

My interview process was very smooth. I applied and was contacted within a week to come in for an interview. I meet with three key leaders and had an offer for the position that evening. My recruiter even contacted me after hours to accomodate my needs

Interview Questions

• I felt like the interview questions were very relatable to the position that I was intervewing for and was able to answer all of them without any that surprised me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Data Quality Technician/Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick process, only took a couple of days. after doing the face to face interview the hiring manager stated to me that the job is mine and that all I have to wait for is the background check, about 2 weeks later the recruiter called me to tell me that I was not offered the position.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy in October 2013.

Interview

campus interview.