Chesapeake Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Informal interview with two other accountants in different fields. Asked various questions related to accounting and the fields you would like to go into. Followed by tour of facilities and more on campus interviews.

Field Engineering Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Norman, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

I interviewed through my university career fair. I submitted my resume at the career fair and was called back the next day for the interview. It was a very easy process. Basic resume and personality/goal questions. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. I received an offer within about 2 weeks after the interview and accepted it a week later.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you were working in a group and had a disagreement with someone. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2014.

Interview

Sat down with two people and they asked various behavioral questions. Went over my resume which was very easy to just talk about how you got to the position your currently in and where you want to go from there. Definitely like the enthusiasm. Asked specific questions about why you want to work for CHK as opposed to other similar companies in the same league.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision that you knew was right, but that people might not want to hear.   Answer Question

Geoscience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Received an interview at a student expo. The interview itself was really relaxed. It really seemed more like a conversation than an interview. It was supposed to last 30 minutes but it ended up being more than 45 minutes.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call about a week and a half later. The interview was held at corporate headquarters. First half of the interview was going over my resume. Second half consisted of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used logic to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Interview

Before the face to face interview there was an over the phone interview that focused on your resume and qualifications. Next came the actual interview which I feel was a pretty typical interview. This interview was a get to know you type of interview. During the interview I met with a few different people. I met with one that was in charge of the hiring, a current engineering tech, and then an HR person to talk benefits and such. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. The one that got me, because I hadn't really thought of it before, was simply what are my weaknesses? You have them, so be honest and open about them.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy.

Interview

Applied through University Career Services, contacted by a phone screen in Mid-April to set up an interview for a few days later. Interviewed via phone which took about an hour and was mostly just explaining the position and discussing my background and interviews, then was called back an hour later to be told I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, mostly just discussing background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair was offered initially, so no negotation occured.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview that lasted about ten minutes. Went onto campus for a final in person interview with a panel. Each member asked questions which were not too difficult on the scale and were geared towards skill set and personality. There is a great feeling of workforce compatibility that they strive for in the company. The interviewers also allowed me to express my skill sets in relation to the job's requirements. I asked them questions as well about work-life balance and where my place would be on the team which were answered with full honesty, something I learned after joining.

Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chesapeake Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2014.

Interview

First interviewed with CHK at career fair in spring 2014. First interview was brief and very pleasant with not difficult questions, mostly asked about research/work experience and how my skills would contribute to the company. I was contacted the following Monday to arrange an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of two interviews with two managers in each. These were more formal but still casual and they mostly asked how my thesis research could relate to industry. The campus is amazing and unfortunately I was notified two days later that I was not receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of CHK's shale plays?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired through contracting company

Interview Questions

• We need you to hit the ground running - how would you do that?   Answer Question