Cheskin Added Value Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cheskin Added Value

Candidate Interview Review

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cheskin Added Value (Redwood City, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initially, I received a call some someone trying to set up a phone screen. She couldn't tell me which position this was for or with whom, which frustrated me. I submitted my resume to two positions. In fact, she really did not know much. The phone screen turn out to be with the HR director. Typical conversation where she gauge my interest, background, and salary desired. She told me about the company, on a high level, and how much she loves working there. I did not get a good sense about the position itself. I tried to asked more questions, but wasn't able to get clearer answer. Then I was told I would have an on-site interview, where I need to prepare a 20 minute presentation about myself. I was not told how many or how long the interviews will be or with whom, again.

The day of the on-site, I arrived with my laptop. (Glad I brought it since I ended up needing it for my presentation.) The interview was two parts. First, it was a panel - 2 directors and 1 analyst, who this position will be replacing. Typical interview questions about my interest, skills, education, how it would apply to the job, type of work environment I prefer, etc... Then I was given a case study. It was background slides on a previous project they have done. I was given about 20 minutes to review it and report on what the client needs. It was pretty high level - more summary of the situation and potential advice I can give the client. The client was a large technology company. The purpose was to gauge my ability to analyze the situation with limited available information and my ability to speak to clients. Afterwards, they asked if I had any question. They didn't even know I was asked to prepare a presentation. I did it anyways.

I got a good feeling and like the group. A day or two later, I got a call from the HR director with the offer. I was really low for my the position and my education level. I asked for a few days to think it over. I have to say, the HR director has a tendency to call me at inopportune times. I was still going to classes (MBA program) at the time, which she know, and she tends to call me when I was heading out to class. (I wonder if it was on purpose - make the conversation urgent and I have to accept without discussion...)

Overall, it was an okay experience. The women who was doing the scheduling was not very organized. She tends to not know what was going on.

Negotiation

I wasn't really able to negotiate. Her stance was that I was still in school and my background was not a perfect match for the position... Her offer was to give me the "senior" title and a few thousand more in salary. If I know better, I probable could have negotiated better, but I just accepted it.