Chevron Accounting Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Accounting Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Very professional, was not intimidating at all. Two person interview asked simple questions must have some basic knowledge of the company and its competitors. Asked questions like why do you want to work with us and tell me a time when. Very easy to talk to, interview took about an hour but they only asked about 5 questions. Will personally email you within a couple months to let u know

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Timeline:
    Sept - submitting resume
    mid Oct - on campus interview, 2 interviewers
    mid Nov - second round interview, 3 separate 1:1's
    They typically have the results in a week, but they are not very good at notifying people who don't get offers. You may have to call or email.

Questions:

First round
    -differences between income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow
    -why chevron
    -what is an integrated oil and gas company
    -explain a time you have been mentored, and what did you learn and what did you like about it
    -what are some of Chevron's operations

Second round
    -behavioral questions about leadership, time management, and problem solving / process improvement
    -a time where you had an emergency, how did you deal with it
    -what is one thing about your college career that you are most proud of
    -what do you expect from an employer
    -questions related to your previous internships / experience
    -what is the difference between amortization and depreciation
    -why is total cash flow different from net income
    -what happens if the account receivable does not reconcile

Interview Questions

• Accounting questions are pretty much from first accounting class, the rest are behavioral.   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very relaxed. I was first introduced by host who showed me around and take me to all three interviews. The interview process were very friendly and relaxed basically all behavioral questions and a few basic accounting questions. Net Cash Flow vs Net Income etc.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions. Just know the basic accounting terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

1st on campus interview: explain what an Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet are and how they all relate to each other.
    2nd interview: a lot of the questions were behavioral/situational. Have 4-5 personal/work stories dealing with communication/teamwork/solving conflict. Be prepared to tell stories in STAR format: Situation, Task, Action, Result. Know the company and how to answer why do you want to work at Chevron. Provide an example of a situation where you were given a leadership role and handled a difficult problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you know whether to capitalize or expense an item?
      What is the difference between the statement of cash flows and the income statement? Why is their net income different?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round interview was on campus, contacted within 3 days for 2nd round in their office. The interviews were relaxing. Required STAR when answering behavioral questions. The host who showed me around the office was extremely helpful.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron in April 2011.

Interview

learned about an accounting analysis internship position through my school's online job posting site. applied, and had an interview the day after

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you showed leadership skills   Answer Question

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring was outsourced to an HR recruiting firm called Belice. I submitted by CV, they called me for the first interview with Belice, which caused me a pretty good impression. Then I moved on to a second interview with Chevron's HR. They seemed to be looking for people who would stay for the long run with the company. I moved on to the third interview with a hiring manager from the US. It was pretty short, and a couple of days later I was called to receive an offer, which was more that I had asked for.