Chevron Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 828 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX)

Interview

Started with a building tour of the downtown Houston location after checking in with security. Did not have to wait long to meet with liaison. A large room full of people. Largest panel for an interview I've ever encountered. At least 8 people which was very intimidating. Discussed my experience and resume first. People took notes. Then the first panel speaker presented a work scenario. Others chimed in to clarify the scenario and but it was hard to categorize the scenario in order to answer.

Interview Questions
  • Presented a work scenario and asked what steps I would take to resolve.
    1 Answer

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Interview Questions
  • The first interview was a phone interview. 2 weeks later, I went in for in-person interview. Questions were straightforward: behavioral, systems I had used previously, career walkthrough, hobbies etc.

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy-going. I had a great talk with the recruiter and enjoyed the interview compared to others I have had. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and the vibes were great.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Sacramento, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

On campus after a career fair, they called me the day before and asked me when was convenient for them. It was one on one with a business analyst from my school. My friend got an offer for about $71,000 per year. The experience was ok, I would have liked more time to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • General Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you took a risk. They also went over my resume.
1 person found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in Nov 2016

Interview

Was reached out by recruiter about interviewing with Chevron at a conference I was attending . Interviewed with Chevron at the conference. Process was a single 30min behavioral interview and then an offer a couple weeks later. Standard behavioral questions, and going over resume

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? Why do you have the GPA you have?

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in Sep 2016

Interview

This was [art of the college recruiting through a student organization. Group/panel interview followed by 1 on 2. Typical questions around past experience + behavioral questions. This was for an internship.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you used your analytical skills.

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The interview process was simple and 2 step. Had telephonic interview and then a face to face interview The interviewer was friendly and easy going and made me feel at easy. The interview was conversation with real life scenarios as questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Jun 2014

Interview

I received a call 3 weeks after initial online application. 1st Step: Phone interview w/HR 2nd Step: Interview w/ group panel. 3rd step: Called in again for 2nd meeting w/ hiring manager. Was shown around the work area and explained in more detail on operations. Was also introduced to Director. Process lasted about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions were not difficult. Standard questions " Tell me about a time...." " How would you handle...."
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Aug 2013

Interview

A recruiter from San Ramon called and told me how lucky I was for being called upon and convinced me to fly to Houston for an interview. The recruiter mistakenly cancelled the interview as I arrived to the location. Interview was mostly behavioral and performed by three people during one hour. I never heard back from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult thing was getting a cancellation notice just as I had finished checking in with Chevron security. And then having to scramble and call people to find out what was going on.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Jan 2013

Interview

Brief and solid questions about the skill set required for the job. Lots of Chevron centric questions which were ok if you have done your research and everything is understood about chevron.

Interview Questions
  • Why work here and what about this company did you like. Lots of internal Chevron questions.Lots of Chevron centric questions which were ok if you have done your research and everything is understood about chevron.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews