Chevron Interview Questions in Covington, LA | Glassdoor

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operator Trainee I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA).

Interview

Pretty intensive interview. Lots of technical questions about the refining/production process. Applicants need to be proficient in trouble shooting techniques! Interviewers weren't interested in small talk; very straight forward and to the point. Overall, it was a challenging but rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected as afr as questions are concerned, just be prepared for trouble shooting a process from a scripted scenerio they give you.   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA) in October 2012.

Interview

Panel, Flew to the location, 4 people plus HR rep, variety of questions, all took turns, technical and behavioral questions, intense, took almost 90 minutes, everyone nice but very focused on questions and answers.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Goals, What can you bring to the company?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Examples of successes and failures   Answer Question

Land Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very corporate process. Scripted questions from a sheet read by lead interviewer. Not much resume focus. Not much discretion by interviewer as to going off script. Felt like interview was probably being videotaped. Abstract questions focused on problem solving skills, teamwork issues, etc. Seemed like interviewer felt awkward at times sticking to the script. Other employees in room did not contribute much.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to take a complex topic and reduce to writing?   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA) in January 2009.

Interview

I had a enjoyable interview. They were very interested in my experiances and my work history.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were that difficult for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Covington, LA) in October 2008.

Interview

Initial interview consisted of personal introduction following company presentation on campus. Afterwards interviews were determined based on personal introduction. Interview consisted of two one on one interviews. Questions ranged from general situational questions to off the wall questions to see how a person would react.

Throughout the internship, people were continuously approaching interns and interacting as if you were in a ten week interview.

Interview Questions

• Why were you not the first person to sign up for an interview?   1 Answer
    • How would you market Chevron in a way that has never been marketed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Only thing that was negotiable was vacation. I chose not negotiate salary. Bonus and scholarship were non negotiable. All questions during negotiation were answered in a timely and professional manner.