Chevron Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

the first 10-15 mins were mainly about 'tell me about yourself' then went through my resume about my education, courses taken, experience and skills. afterwards followed by all kinds of behavior questions, about weakness, leadership, teamwork, conflict, achievement, etc - lasted about 30mins.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Found Chevron at a job fair and was offered an interview. The interview was a one-on-one behavioral interview. After the interview I waited about four weeks and then was notified that I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with someone and what you did to reach an agreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Several behavioral questions in the format:

-Situation
    -Action
    -Result

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed yourself as a leader   Answer Question
    • tell us how listening improved your ability to communicate   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

Interview

They came to a career fair at USC's campus and I met with some employees and gave in my resume. Later the same day I applied online for the position as well. A few days later I got an email saying that I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter.

In the interview, they asked me a lot of questions that went like, "Give me an example of a time where..."
    These questions involved me providing them opportunities to display my technical and leadership skills.

I personally had a decent GPA (3.2) and had a resume with lots of technical classes and school clubs on it. Be sure to have that on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to demonstrate your leadership abilities.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a technical problem that you solved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. 3 months later they called and offered me the internship and I immediately accepted.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in and there were two people in the room. One was in the corner, and his job was to take notes during the interview. The other was sitting at the table with me, and his job was to ask me questions. The interview was not too bad. They just asked behavioral questions. They were very nice people. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I would really like to work for them.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had with a peer and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a group project you had to do and how you contributed and the outcome.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2010.

Interview

I met Chevron recruiters at an engineering conference. The day of the career fair, I went to their booth and they scheduled me for a one-to-one interview 2 hours later. The interview was about 45 minutes long, and consisted of 6 or 8 behavioral questions. The recruiter was very friendly and

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when yo worked on a team and the team implemented your ideas. How did you convince them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to deliver a task. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question