Chevron Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 827 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Got an on campus interview and then an on site interview with 4 different people at their Houston office. Interviews lasted half a day and got an offer that day on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your internship experience
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Jan 2019

Interview

Very easy and went smooth. They interview people were nice and made me feel comfortable Very easy and went smooth. They interview people were nice and made me feel comfortable Very easy and went smooth. They interview people were nice and made me feel comfortable Very easy and went smooth. They interview people were nice and made me feel comfortable

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The interview took place at Chevron office and it was around 20 minutes.It was an easy interview. I was asked about my research project. They asked me questions from my cv.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron (Palo Alto, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

Over coffee in Palo Alto we met and talked about the position. I was semi interested and not sure if I really wanted the job. But after being with the company 18 years I realize it was a good decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Jan 2018

Interview

Be ready for a long interview process. I applied online and was interviewed three months later. The official offer came three weeks after the interview. I practiced the STAR method for weeks and it really helped out.

Interview Questions
  • Scripted behavioral questions. Interview was 45 minutes and I was asked about eight questions.
2 people found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Chevron in Oct 2017

Interview

Began with on-campus lunch followed by one-on-one interview. Thought the on-campus interview went poorly, although it was easy. About two months later (and very out of the blue), I received a call from one of Chevron's Process Engineers to set up a phone interview. What I thought would be a brief phone interview turned out to be a one-hour panel interview featuring three Chevron executives and senior engineers. Questions all behavioral, nothing technical; I got the impression they're looking for real / nice people more than anything else. Interviewers were very friendly although initially intimating.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to use your moral judgement to reject a decision that would have compromised safety.

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The entire interview process was very well organised. HR did a great job in terms of availability and constantly communication. Very laid back interview approach, which was very good. The entire process is very thorough and may take a while because of due diligence, but the wait is worth it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Very good experiences

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Initial communication is easy. a lot of behavior questoins. need to prepare for a good presentation.

Interview Questions
  • technical questions are not difficult. just need to do a technical presentation. more emphasis is on the communication skills.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila, Manila

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Manila, Manila, Manila)

Interview

There was an opening so I applied and got the interview about work experience, to be assigned any where in the country as to the location where the vacant position is. The remuneration was based on your experience as well as the industry practice on that time.

Interview Questions
  • Are able to be relocated to any part of the contry?
2 people found this interview helpful