Chevron Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process is changing. I interviewed as a new- college hire. That process is changing and is going to a more computerized system. I personally feel it is going in the wrong direction.

Interview Questions

• Interview process is a behavioral based process. It's very psychological.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in July 2007.

Interview

Overall good interview and very well prepared interviewer.
    The interviewer was very well informed about the company, the different career paths, benefits, and other perks. The interview followed the typical behavioral interview format. There was good flow of information in both directions. The interviewer was focused on determining whether I was a match for the company and was also interested in finding out what were my major inclinations with respect to my career path.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to relocate aborad?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial communication is easy. a lot of behavior questoins. need to prepare for a good presentation.

Interview Questions

• technical questions are not difficult. just need to do a technical presentation. more emphasis is on the communication skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Very good experiences

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2017.

Interview

Began with on-campus lunch followed by one-on-one interview. Thought the on-campus interview went poorly, although it was easy. About two months later (and very out of the blue), I received a call from one of Chevron's Process Engineers to set up a phone interview. What I thought would be a brief phone interview turned out to be a one-hour panel interview featuring three Chevron executives and senior engineers. Questions all behavioral, nothing technical; I got the impression they're looking for real / nice people more than anything else. Interviewers were very friendly although initially intimating.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to use your moral judgement to reject a decision that would have compromised safety.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Over coffee in Palo Alto we met and talked about the position. I was semi interested and not sure if I really wanted the job. But after being with the company 18 years I realize it was a good decision.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Be ready for a long interview process. I applied online and was interviewed three months later. The official offer came three weeks after the interview. I practiced the STAR method for weeks and it really helped out.

Interview Questions

• Scripted behavioral questions. Interview was 45 minutes and I was asked about eight questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

Contacted through career services, had an initial dinner with them the night before, then went to their offices the next day.
    3 one on one interviews, about 45 minutes each.
    They mostly asked the same questions, so I was unsure if I should tell the same stories over and over.
    I tried to vary it up a bit and by the time I got to the last interviewer I had run out of new examples and flubbed it.
    Turns out you CAN tell the same stories over and over.... just a tip.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an underperforming team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

In October 2014, I submitted my online application to Chevron a couple days before they came to my university's career fair. At the career fair, the recruiter I spoke to looked over my resume and said he remembered me from the applications he had already received. He said I had a strong GPA (around 3.8 at the time) and that they were interested in interviewing me the next day. He called later that day to confirm the time and location of the interview, which was conveniently on campus.

I was interviewed by the recruiter I had spoken to the day before, as well as a second recruiter. They were both very friendly and mainly asked behavioral questions. They also gave me a chance to ask them questions after the interview. The only issue was that they forgot to tell me to bring a transcript, but they said it was fine if I emailed it to them after. The feedback I received was that my resume looked great, I had a strong academic record, and good technical work experiences. The recruiters also said they enjoyed hearing about my community service. They said I could expect to hear back within 6 - 8 weeks as to whether I got the position.

I ended up not getting the position, which was understandable, but what irked me is that they didn't get back to me with their final decision until mid-February. It also turned out that nobody from my school was hired for their intern positions (my school is on the quarter system, and the recruiters said it might be possible for all the spots to be filled by students on the semester system who had an earlier career fair).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a team to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process involved an hour long meeting with two Chevron employees whom asked questions about you and your experiences. It was a very casual process that involved personal questions about yourself and your experiences. They end the interview with asking what your interests are in the position that you are applying for and where you would like to work for them and in which specific processing facility.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be one of your most difficult technical projects that you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Asked lots of questions about leadership and stepping up in group situations, such as when you had to deal with someone who wasn't doing their fair share of work or when a project wasn't going the way it should have, what you did personally to deal with these issues.   Answer Question