Find jobs for Engineering

Chevron Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 828 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

They asked to use the STAR interview process to be able to answer questions. The questions are mainly on how you would solve problems and how you put yourself in leadership positions.

Interview Questions
  • Name one time you guided someone through something
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

The interviewing process involved an hour long meeting with two Chevron employees whom asked questions about you and your experiences. It was a very casual process that involved personal questions about yourself and your experiences. They end the interview with asking what your interests are in the position that you are applying for and where you would like to work for them and in which specific processing facility.

Interview Questions
  • What would you consider to be one of your most difficult technical projects that you've worked on?
  • Asked lots of questions about leadership and stepping up in group situations, such as when you had to deal with someone who wasn't doing their fair share of work or when a project wasn't going the way it should have, what you did personally to deal with these issues.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Bakersfield, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

Met them at a career fair and I spoke to one of them for a while. He asked me for my resume and began to circle things on it. I ended up saying thank you and went on my way. Got a call later on to schedule an interview for the following day.

Interview Questions
  • Why should you get this internship? What do you know about chevron?

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

I applied through my university by emailing the recruiter my resume. She called me back for an interview about a week later. I had to wait more than two weeks before I got impatient and called the recruiter about the decision. She had totally forgotten, and after checking with the managers gave me an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you faced a difficult problem and how did you solve it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Chevron (San Diego, CA) in Oct 2014

Interview

In October 2014, I submitted my online application to Chevron a couple days before they came to my university's career fair. At the career fair, the recruiter I spoke to looked over my resume and said he remembered me from the applications he had already received. He said I had a strong GPA (around 3.8 at the time) and that they were interested in interviewing me the next day. He called later that day to confirm the time and location of the interview, which was conveniently on campus. I was interviewed by the recruiter I had spoken to the day before, as well as a second recruiter. They were both very friendly and mainly asked behavioral questions. They also gave me a chance to ask them questions after the interview. The only issue was that they forgot to tell me to bring a transcript, but they said it was fine if I emailed it to them after. The feedback I received was that my resume looked great, I had a strong academic record, and good technical work experiences. The recruiters also said they enjoyed hearing about my community service. They said I could expect to hear back within 6 - 8 weeks as to whether I got the position. I ended up not getting the position, which was understandable, but what irked me is that they didn't get back to me with their final decision until mid-February. It also turned out that nobody from my school was hired for their intern positions (my school is on the quarter system, and the recruiters said it might be possible for all the spots to be filled by students on the semester system who had an earlier career fair).

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you worked with a team to solve a problem.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in Apr 2012

Interview

It was a behavioral interview-- wasn't too difficult as long as you kept on your feet about answering the interviewer's questions. Chevron seems like a great place to work; however, I'm not sure if the oil industry is the right place for me after talking to the interviewer. More importantly, they heavily recruit potential employees who have been in the oil industry before.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time that you had difficulty working in a team and how did you resolve the issues.

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in Jun 2011

Interview

The hiring process for internship through the training programme in which I was hired was not so procedural. It simply entailed organizing a test for quite a couple of us based on our cummulative grade point average in school and nothing more i.e it didn't not entail the use of cirriculum vitae(CV) in the selection process. The test entailed both quantitative and verbal aptitude questions, as well as questions relating to our section of training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in Mar 2011

Interview

i was invited for an recruitment forum. The invitation was based on a CV selection and Chevron invited me for an interview. it was a one to one interview with 3 chevron stuff. It was relax I was well prepared and interviewer had a good technical background. it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • how to deal in a conflict situation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in Nov 2009

Interview

Single interview, no notes taken!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Aug 2008

Interview

Contacted through career services, had an initial dinner with them the night before, then went to their offices the next day. 3 one on one interviews, about 45 minutes each. They mostly asked the same questions, so I was unsure if I should tell the same stories over and over. I tried to vary it up a bit and by the time I got to the last interviewer I had run out of new examples and flubbed it. Turns out you CAN tell the same stories over and over.... just a tip.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you failed at something.
  • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an underperforming team member.
6 people found this interview helpful