Chevron Facilities Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 827 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

They asked questions about my background, interest, and personality. Very few technical questions were asked and they were gauging more of my personality. They interview was easy and they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • What is a bad habit of yours.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

On-campus interview with 2 recruiters. Asked about 4 behavioral questions— leadership, adaptability, conflict resolution, technical skills. Offered on-site interview within a week of this one. Recruiters were very friendly. Interview followed STAR method.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Kansas City, MO) in Jan 2018

Interview

Ran into a recruiter at a recruiting booth on campus, presented my resume, was called immediately the next day for an interview. Was interviewed in person 1-1. Very nice and welcoming recruiters.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Ann Arbor, MI) in Sep 2017

Interview

The interview was very behavioral. No technical questions, but it seemed like they were trying to get to know me and learn about my resume. The recruiters were very friendly and I walked out of the interview feeling very optimistic. However the odds of getting a Chevron internship are pretty low. At my University, I'm guessing they talked to a hundred (or many more) people the day before the interviews, interviewed a dozen or so, and hired and handful from there. For internships, it's a single interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when a teammate wasn't pulling their weight.
2 people found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Interview was a behavior based interview with a panel of two interviewers. There were no technical questions for entry an entry level position and only one round of interviews. Total interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you were faced with challenge at school or in the workplace. What was the challenge and how did you handle the situation.
6 people found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Applied to the position while in college. There was an on-campus career fair recruiting effort and resume drop. Then there was an on-campus in person interview. There were two interviewers for this interview or mostly behavioral questions. Then, there was an on-site (at Chevron) round of interviews. There were four separate interviewers and interviews. These were a mix of behavioral and experience-based questions.

Interview Questions
  • What are your long-term career goals

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. The interview was held on-campus within a week from the career fair and I was interviewed by two employees. Questions consisted mostly of describing times in your work experience where you were faced with a challenge, showed leadership,... The interview was slightly longer than an hour.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time in your work experience when you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX)

Interview

phone interview with HR first. a couple of weeks later got phone interview with potential team lead. a few weeks later, got invited to on site interview. on site process: 1. interview with team lead for 20min 2. 40-min technical presentation 3. individual interview with each team member (10-min each) 4. lunch with team

Interview Questions
  • technical questions on the presentation and your background
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in Dec 2014

Interview

I was invited for an interview with a recruiter after meeting chevron on campus at a career fair. The interview was STAR based and dealt with different behavioral aspects of the job. I had prepared a few different scenarios after reviewing the STAR format online.. They give you time to think and to respond to the questions asked but I would suggest that you prepare a few experiences, ranging from sometime you had to make a difficult decision to times you were a leader.. basic behavioral situations. Part of this interview that sticks out was a time when I was asked about being in a difficult situation. I talked about a time I was stumped and didn't know how to approach problem at a past job, so I admitted that to a superior and was helped out. My interviewer mentioned that this was a great example because as a facilities engineer, and new college graduate, there will be many many times when you come across something you don't know and will NEED to ask for help. Recognizing the limits to what you know is a valuable skill. I was invited for an on site interview at the refinery after a week or two. I was contacted by my "host" who was another facilities engineer. They gave me an interview schedule and informed me that I would be giving a presentation. The presentation was on anything I wanted, but should be technical in nature. The day started with my ~12-15 presentation and ~10-20 minutes spent on questions/answers -- be sure to know your stuff when it comes to whatever technical presentation you give. They are looking at how well of a communicator you are and if you can put complex ideas/conceptualization into plain english. Then came a few technical interviews on engineering fundamentals (some questions listed below) and a tour of the facilities. Finally the day ended with an interview with a higher-up manager but this was more like you interviewing the manager (rather than you being interviewed). It serves the purpose to talk about questions you have about the position, the benefits that chevron provides its employees, perks, etc.. I would prepare a lot of questions before getting on site. You interview with many people about the job and each one is going to ask you if you have any questions. I felt kind of bad about this interview because I had run out of questions through the day and I think the manager was expecting more questions out of me. If I could do it over I would have asked about 401k specifics, health insurance specifics, vacation time specifics, what aspects of the job are open to negotiations (salary, vacation days, starting date).

Interview Questions
  • Technical on-site questions: Take me through what happens in a refinery -- from when crude comes in, to oil/gas/final product going out. Name a few different types of pumps? What are some ways you can join pipes together? Welding, Flange/Fasteners, Mated pipes Questions on piping a fluid? Inertia effects, (rho*g*h) = pressure, Bernoulli's eqn's... Fundamentally how a cracking tower works?
17 people found this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and nice. The process was explained clearly before hand and the questions were clear and to the point. Felt relaxed and comfortable. The interview was mainly behavioral with some questions about experience and resume. Overall great experience. I would recommend looking back at your experience and thinking about different challenges or achievements that you have accomplished. This will make it easier to answer the questions during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Can you remember a time when you had to make a difficult decision during a project
1 person found this interview helpful