Chevron Facilities Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Facilities Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Interview was a behavior based interview with a panel of two interviewers. There were no technical questions for entry an entry level position and only one round of interviews. Total interview lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with challenge at school or in the workplace. What was the challenge and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied to the position while in college. There was an on-campus career fair recruiting effort and resume drop. Then there was an on-campus in person interview. There were two interviewers for this interview or mostly behavioral questions. Then, there was an on-site (at Chevron) round of interviews. There were four separate interviewers and interviews. These were a mix of behavioral and experience-based questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term career goals   2 Answers

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

I applied through a college career fair. The interview was held on-campus within a week from the career fair and I was interviewed by two employees. Questions consisted mostly of describing times in your work experience where you were faced with a challenge, showed leadership,... The interview was slightly longer than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your work experience when you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview with HR first. a couple of weeks later got phone interview with potential team lead. a few weeks later, got invited to on site interview.

on site process:
    1. interview with team lead for 20min
    2. 40-min technical presentation
    3. individual interview with each team member (10-min each)
    4. lunch with team

Interview Questions

• technical questions on the presentation and your background   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was invited for an interview with a recruiter after meeting chevron on campus at a career fair. The interview was STAR based and dealt with different behavioral aspects of the job. I had prepared a few different scenarios after reviewing the STAR format online.. They give you time to think and to respond to the questions asked but I would suggest that you prepare a few experiences, ranging from sometime you had to make a difficult decision to times you were a leader.. basic behavioral situations.

Part of this interview that sticks out was a time when I was asked about being in a difficult situation. I talked about a time I was stumped and didn't know how to approach problem at a past job, so I admitted that to a superior and was helped out. My interviewer mentioned that this was a great example because as a facilities engineer, and new college graduate, there will be many many times when you come across something you don't know and will NEED to ask for help. Recognizing the limits to what you know is a valuable skill.

I was invited for an on site interview at the refinery after a week or two. I was contacted by my "host" who was another facilities engineer. They gave me an interview schedule and informed me that I would be giving a presentation. The presentation was on anything I wanted, but should be technical in nature. The day started with my ~12-15 presentation and ~10-20 minutes spent on questions/answers -- be sure to know your stuff when it comes to whatever technical presentation you give. They are looking at how well of a communicator you are and if you can put complex ideas/conceptualization into plain english.

Then came a few technical interviews on engineering fundamentals (some questions listed below) and a tour of the facilities. Finally the day ended with an interview with a higher-up manager but this was more like you interviewing the manager (rather than you being interviewed). It serves the purpose to talk about questions you have about the position, the benefits that chevron provides its employees, perks, etc.. I would prepare a lot of questions before getting on site. You interview with many people about the job and each one is going to ask you if you have any questions. I felt kind of bad about this interview because I had run out of questions through the day and I think the manager was expecting more questions out of me. If I could do it over I would have asked about 401k specifics, health insurance specifics, vacation time specifics, what aspects of the job are open to negotiations (salary, vacation days, starting date).

Interview Questions

• Technical on-site questions:
      Take me through what happens in a refinery -- from when crude comes in, to oil/gas/final product going out.
      Name a few different types of pumps?
      What are some ways you can join pipes together? Welding, Flange/Fasteners, Mated pipes
      Questions on piping a fluid? Inertia effects, (rho*g*h) = pressure, Bernoulli's eqn's...
      Fundamentally how a cracking tower works?
      Answer Question

Facilities Engineering Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to the Chevron recruiters at my university career fair, and heard back from them about an interview a few days later. Before the interview a very useful information session was held on opportunities within the company. After the first interview, I had a phone screening from a prospective internship location a few weeks later, where they asked about my job experience and described the work environment there.

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and nice. The process was explained clearly before hand and the questions were clear and to the point. Felt relaxed and comfortable. The interview was mainly behavioral with some questions about experience and resume. Overall great experience. I would recommend looking back at your experience and thinking about different challenges or achievements that you have accomplished. This will make it easier to answer the questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember a time when you had to make a difficult decision during a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position through the school's website and on Chevron's website.There was an information session where Chevron representatives gave a presentation on the company and what positions were available. The interview process took place at my universities career center. It was about 30 minutes to 45 minutes long and I was given less than 24 hours notice. The interview was strictly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were not in a position of power, but had to assume a role of leadership.   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Interview

Got an interview at career fair and had it two days later. Was very relaxed. Asked you a few hiring questions at the beginning and then all of the questions were name a situation when... type questions. Interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you took a leadership role in a group project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university and was contacted about a week later to set up an on-campus interview.

The interviewer was an engineer who had held multiple different positions in the company. She was kind and talkative, making the interview flow more like a conversation. Initially she just asked me to tell her a little about myself. Then asked me why I chose to interview with Chevron. After those the interview move on to the typical "STAR" behavioral questions. The questions I was asked were:

Name a time you had to gather and analyze data for a project.
    Name a time you had a conflict with a team member and how you resolved the issue.
    Name a time you had to convince a team member that your solution was the better option.

Overall it was an easy interview, you just have to have stories ready for the behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly easy. I guess the gathering and analyzing data question was the hardest because there were so many instances i could've talked about that picking one was tough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation