Chevron Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interview then in person interview. Interviewers were friendly and approachable.

Basic questions were asked. Describe your past positions, where do you see yourself. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this position?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I sat outside the interview room with an associate and talked casually for a while, before I was called in. The interview was laid back and very pleasant. Simple behavior questions along with some simple finance and accounting questions. For example, can you explain the difference between the balance sheet and the income statement and how they relate to one another?

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Selected through MBA on-grounds recruiting to interview for leadership development program. Brought in for final round interviews, consisting of four 45-min interviews. Everyone was very courteous, and interview questions focused more on behavioral, why interested in energy/oil, and a few questions about how to evaluate projects. A good understanding of how integrated oil & gas companies are structured and how the oil & gas markets functions is important, but Chevron is even more interested in how you will work first as an individual contributor, your enthusiasm for the industry, and willingness to rotate assignments every few years to broaden your knowledge and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview with two people. Mostly Fairly straightforward behavioral questions using the STAR method. No technical questions were asked besides some basic stuff about the financial statements. From my experience, it seems like they are looking for people who are willing to relocate to other countries for extended projects.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too bad, but they asked you to walk them through all three financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (College Station, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting and was notified that I was selected for an interview within a few weeks of applying. I answered all of the "technical" accounting/oil & gas related questions fairly easily but still did not receive an offer. They try to hire most of their full time employees from their internship classes so go into the interviews with the mindset of wanting to work for them full time. Also, they want you to be open to working overseas.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what a Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet are and how they all relate to each other.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

There were different areas hiring actually as financial, supply chain and accounting. The first part was in a room with 7 people approximately each one with a specific area. They looked through your CV and asked just easy questions. Background then if they liked your resume you would go to the next round where the questions were more specific to the degree you take and you intend to do with it.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

You no longer interview but go through a semi-annual process of applying to contingent jobs. Once you apply, a group of managers will meet and decide if what you applied for is 'good for your career' or place you in a job that they think fits your career path. You wait for a phone call and have 5 minutes to make a decision and don't have time to do your research. They say you can reject the offer but underneath that you there is a feeling that you will be blacklisted from the next round of jobs since you now have a history of rejecting jobs.....It's a really bad process where the employee doesn't feel empowered to control their own career.

Interview Questions

• None. No interview. You meet with your representative to discuss where you want to go and that's it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview will be a group/panel interview consisting of about 2-3 individuals. One with the hiring manager, another person that the potential candidate may have interactions with if hired, and an expert from a sister company within the company. You will be asked questions on your skill set, but most of the questions are behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral (situational) based questions so make sure that you have examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied through my school's career services website. First interview, at my school campus, was one-on-one and lasted about 40-45 minutes. Second round consisted of three interviews at their office building, all of them one-on-one and all lasting about 45 minutes each. Heard back within a week after first round, and within two weeks after second round.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions and some basic accounting questions, nothing too complicated. eg. Free cash flow vs. net income, capitalization, depreciation vs. amortization.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed through college recruiting, and had a 30 minute interview on campus. The interview was standard with behavioral questions, specifically geared towards leadership qualities. There were a few accounting/finance technical questions to start.

At the end of the interview, I asked my interviewee what they were looking for in a candidate. The response was "the high GPA gets you in the door with an interview, but I look for that special something extra that I can't easily describe".