Chevron Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

Recruiter called and did a phone screen. They called back about a week later - they wanted to interview in person. It was 4 people interviewing me - they only asked 6 question using the STAR method. They called me about 3 weeks later to let me know I didn't get the job, which I appreciate, but I would've gotten the hint if they didn't call. They didn't validate parking, I paid $12.

Process Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an onsite interview where I had to create a 15 minute presentation about my experience etc. with 2 days notice. I was flown into Houston for a process automation entry level job interview. I gave my presentation and was asked questions. Then I toured the facility and was taken to lunch. I finally interviewed with the manager at the end of the day. I did not end up getting the job due to "too much programming experience for an automation job".Automation includes programming and I have 6 months of experience of programming and 1 year of instrumentation experience. I just feel like chevron wasted my time and gave me a random reason why they didn't want to hire me. It seems like they had decided before I flew in or made a discriminatory decision once they met me since their reason for not hiring me didn't make sense.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was called and invited to come in for an interview. I walked into a conference room with 5 interviewers. The panel asked me questions for about an hour. They said I would be called back for another interview if I made the second round. I didn't her anything from them for a couple of months and so I gave up. Then, I received a call with the verbal offer. Once we agreed, I received the formal e-mail asking me to accept the offer. I then received a large packet of information in the mail with details on benefits.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Chevron for a summer internship position. The interviewer was very friendly as well as professional. She asked standard interview questions, and had me repeat myself a few times to ensure she had the details correct. There is a downturn in the market currently, so when I followed up with an email I wasn't surprised to get no response in return.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had difficulties working with someone.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical behavior questions, with some detailed question based on my resume. The interviewer from Chevron are from technical group with research experience in geophysical sciences, and they could ask incisive technical questions on your resume, it's not a big problem if you know your projects very well. Be careful to prepare your on story for the behavior questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruitment. They got back to me a couple later through the website and asked me to schedule an On-Campus interview. The interview is intense but the interviewers are very nice. A lot of STAR questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired over the phone, no one met with me, ever. I offer to meet with them so they can learn more about me and they said it was not necessary, all done by phone.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me about 2 or 3 questions. I had to ask them questions then offer information about myself. Weird interview, very weird.   Answer Question

Salon Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called to interview about thirty-two days later. I interviewed with Sally, she was very kind and welcoming. She asked general "what if" situations. I got hired about a week later. After I was stuck in a stimulation pod for four weeks straight. It was so crazy but thankfully I got a job offer!

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was an amazing experience with the recruiter. I thought i would be nervous throughout the interview they she was a really easy going person. I really liked it but i could not accept

Reservoir Simulation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It is a onsite interview. I interviewed in Houston, Texas. The hotel was great. The onsite day consists of 8 one-to-one interview and one group talk. During the group talk they ask questions about your research, and some questions that they are interested in. They really tried to ask difficult questions to make you stressed out. The one to one questions are easy.

Interview Questions

• What data structure do you like more, block linked list or array?   Answer Question