Chevron IT Professional Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 827 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

On campus STAR method interview to gauge behavior followed by drug screen. Unfortunately and though proven ineffective, they have recently began incorporating CS fundamental questions for software engineering roles that can involve a little coding. These are pretty easy questions just to gauge your awarenesses.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time when you were challenged in a project?
    Answer Question

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Met with 3 managers and had 1 on 1 in person interviews with each. No tests required. Pretty laid back and easy. Did have to wait about 10 minutes past the start time as the managers were busy in another meeting.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Oct 2015

Interview

I applied for an internship position via University of Houston's Cougar Pathway. When I was given the opportunity for an interview, I was invited to an info session where alumni of the college who worked for Chevron told the possible candidates about the company, what they'd be during as an intern, and what to expect from the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell about a time when you had to help someone else achieve something.

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

It started out at the College Career Fair where I met a couple of the recruiters and talked to them about the opportunities at Chevron. After that, I was selected for the on-campus interview and interviewed with one person. After this, I was called in for an on-site interview at Chevron Corporation in San Ramon. The on-site interview consisted of two interviews - one with Server Support team member, the other with the Desktop Support team member and manager. After my on-site interview, I was presented with an offer and I accepted. Overall, it was a very smooth and easy interview process (back in 2007).

Interview Questions
  • Lots of behavioral questions -- describe a conflict you had and how you dealt with it.
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA)

Interview

Applied through a referral. Was called in for an on site interview. The group that was interested in hiring me asked me simple questions. Didn't ask any technical questions. Asked about past experiences on my resume. Leadership skills. School projects. What i hope to gain out of this experience. A few weeks later, the supervisor of the group called to give me an offer, which was followed up with an official offer from HR.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in Dec 2012

Interview

Initial interview on campus with 2 people, STAR based format...very slow response time, it took almost three weeks for them to tell me I moved onto the next round. Had a final round interview day in San Ramon at their HQ where I had 2 rounds of behavioral based interviews during the on site visit

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Buenos Aires) in Apr 2012

Interview

Personal 1:1 Interview with an external recruiter, 1:1 interview with HR personnel and 1 phone interview with the manager in US. Last, but not least, a medical check up which is usual in Argentina.

Interview Questions
  • Define a challenge and how did you succeeded? Describe a plan/project you have implemented.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in Jun 2011

Interview

On (university) campus interview followed by in person interview and Chevron campus tour. The university interview was 1v1 and we were also invited to a dinner that night. The questions were pretty standard and more than anything they were looking for people who would fit with the Chevron culture. The interviews at Chevron campus (there were three in one day) were also pretty standard but were to weed out those who didn't fit into the culture, didn't really know anything about Chevron or didn't have "potential".

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron (Ho Chi Minh City) in Nov 2010

Interview

I'm writing about Chevron Vietnam Upstream. There are 3 rounds. First Round with HR and Manager - Second Round with HR and Manager - Third Round with Manager. The people are very nice. Culture is great - especially focusing on Safety and Diversity. The IT Manager at that time was a Thai person - very understanding. He's the best manager I've ever met so far. Chevron is also the best company I've ever worked with.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed