Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

One on one interview with Chevron recruiter. Behavioral questions, STAR responses. Nice interviewer, asked a lot of questions about resume experience. Be ready for that. Over all, easy interview. Did not ask any technical questions.

Software Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Sacramento, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Spoke with Chevron at my college's career fair. Received a call about 1 week later to schedule an on campus interview.

Went to the interview, most questions were behavioral (STAR) rather than technical. Went over my experience as laid out in my resume. Received a phone call about 1 week later with a verbal offer.

About a few days later, received an email with the official offer details and salary and what not.

Very pleased with the interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology.

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy-going. I had a great talk with the recruiter and enjoyed the interview compared to others I have had. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and the vibes were great.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you have faced while working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Sacramento, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus after a career fair, they called me the day before and asked me when was convenient for them. It was one on one with a business analyst from my school. My friend got an offer for about $71,000 per year. The experience was ok, I would have liked more time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time you took a risk. They also went over my resume.   Answer Question

Computer Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was on campus and a week later there was an over the phone interview that went well. They said they weren't sure when they would have a decision by but they told me the final deadline was 2 months out. I was a little apprehensive, but went ahead and waited and they missed their own decision deadline and didn't communicate to any of the candidates why and didn't reach out to alert anyone that the deadline was moved/delayed. Furthermore, they didn't have a new deadline and at this point the process was going on 3 months.

For a company that says they put people first, I found the whole recruitment process discourteous and poorly run. I went ahead and accepted another offer and pulled my application.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions to be answered in the expected STAR format. (i.e. a time you didn't get along with someone in your group; how did you tackle it and what were the results)   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

S.T.A.R. based interview in person. They came to visit my school and I attended their presentation. I applied online, and landed an interview a couple weeks later. I did my interview in person, and about 1.5 months later I received an offer for a summer internship. It was as smooth process, and the interviewers were extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest risk you've taken and what were your options?   1 Answer

Petrochemical and Data Management Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There was one, 1-hour interview on campus. The focus of the interview was behavioral and relational. There were a series of STAR-method questions and a few questions that they came up with based on our conversation. The interview was set up so that there was plenty of time to get to know the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated a concern for safety.   Answer Question

Information Technology Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for an internship position via University of Houston's Cougar Pathway. When I was given the opportunity for an interview, I was invited to an info session where alumni of the college who worked for Chevron told the possible candidates about the company, what they'd be during as an intern, and what to expect from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to help someone else achieve something.   1 Answer

Subsurface Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. One person greeted me and led me to the interview room where two people interviewed me. They were very welcoming which made for a relaxed interview. They started off by going over slides about Chevron, then went over my resume, followed by 5 basic behavioral based questions. It was a very easy interview. I should hear back within a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you foresaw a potential problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple and 2 step.
    Had telephonic interview and then a face to face interview
    The interviewer was friendly and easy going and made me feel at easy.
    The interview was conversation with real life scenarios as questions.