Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

S.T.A.R. based interview in person. They came to visit my school and I attended their presentation. I applied online, and landed an interview a couple weeks later. I did my interview in person, and about 1.5 months later I received an offer for a summer internship. It was as smooth process, and the interviewers were extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest risk you've taken and what were your options?   1 Answer

Information Technology Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for an internship position via University of Houston's Cougar Pathway. When I was given the opportunity for an interview, I was invited to an info session where alumni of the college who worked for Chevron told the possible candidates about the company, what they'd be during as an intern, and what to expect from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to help someone else achieve something.   1 Answer

Subsurface Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. One person greeted me and led me to the interview room where two people interviewed me. They were very welcoming which made for a relaxed interview. They started off by going over slides about Chevron, then went over my resume, followed by 5 basic behavioral based questions. It was a very easy interview. I should hear back within a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you foresaw a potential problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple and 2 step.
    Had telephonic interview and then a face to face interview
    The interviewer was friendly and easy going and made me feel at easy.
    The interview was conversation with real life scenarios as questions.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university that was in an informal setting. The interview was conversational and low stress. The interviewing was done in a STAR questioning process that was easy to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to lead a group of people to success.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview using STAR process

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Many candidates considered. 15 candidates selected and interviewed at University of Houston. Most were MIS and a few CIS majors.

The interview process is all behavioral based with basically zero technical questions. They want to get a feel about who the person is besides what's on a piece a paper. It's all about seeing what one's character is truly made of, what decisions they make in key spots, how you handle situations in life. The STAR process (Situation or Task, Action, and Result) is how they model the interview and it's highly advisable to study this format and relate it towards past experiences in life.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes it's truly hard to pinpoint the question to a specific instance, but that is the goal, to be as specific as possible. The best way to avoid this is to research all of the possible broad scenarios that the STAR format will use as questions and try to fit an experience from your past into each prior to the interview. That way, you'll be able to trigger that for just about any question given.

For the most part, just be yourself and as always, be honest. Another reason why they slant heavily towards the STAR method is because it's easy to tell when one is "fibbing" a story rather than recalling a true event in their life.
      Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Applied through a referral. Was called in for an on site interview. The group that was interested in hiring me asked me simple questions. Didn't ask any technical questions. Asked about past experiences on my resume. Leadership skills. School projects. What i hope to gain out of this experience. A few weeks later, the supervisor of the group called to give me an offer, which was followed up with an official offer from HR.

Entry Level IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through my career center and went to an on campus interview. 2:1 Behavioral Interview and also went through my resumes thoroughly. No chemistry at all with the interviewers - kind of snobby.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to work with someone of an older generation.   Answer Question

Business Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (San Ramon, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with scenario based questions.

Negotiation

Open