Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology.

Interview

The interview was very conversational and easy-going. I had a great talk with the recruiter and enjoyed the interview compared to others I have had. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and the vibes were great.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you have faced while working in a group.   Answer Question

Computer Technology Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was on campus and a week later there was an over the phone interview that went well. They said they weren't sure when they would have a decision by but they told me the final deadline was 2 months out. I was a little apprehensive, but went ahead and waited and they missed their own decision deadline and didn't communicate to any of the candidates why and didn't reach out to alert anyone that the deadline was moved/delayed. Furthermore, they didn't have a new deadline and at this point the process was going on 3 months.

For a company that says they put people first, I found the whole recruitment process discourteous and poorly run. I went ahead and accepted another offer and pulled my application.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions to be answered in the expected STAR format. (i.e. a time you didn't get along with someone in your group; how did you tackle it and what were the results)   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

S.T.A.R. based interview in person. They came to visit my school and I attended their presentation. I applied online, and landed an interview a couple weeks later. I did my interview in person, and about 1.5 months later I received an offer for a summer internship. It was as smooth process, and the interviewers were extremely nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest risk you've taken and what were your options?   1 Answer

Petrochemical and Data Management Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

There was one, 1-hour interview on campus. The focus of the interview was behavioral and relational. There were a series of STAR-method questions and a few questions that they came up with based on our conversation. The interview was set up so that there was plenty of time to get to know the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you demonstrated a concern for safety.   Answer Question

Information Technology Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for an internship position via University of Houston's Cougar Pathway. When I was given the opportunity for an interview, I was invited to an info session where alumni of the college who worked for Chevron told the possible candidates about the company, what they'd be during as an intern, and what to expect from the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to help someone else achieve something.   1 Answer

Subsurface Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview. One person greeted me and led me to the interview room where two people interviewed me. They were very welcoming which made for a relaxed interview. They started off by going over slides about Chevron, then went over my resume, followed by 5 basic behavioral based questions. It was a very easy interview. I should hear back within a month.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you foresaw a potential problem.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple and 2 step.
    Had telephonic interview and then a face to face interview
    The interviewer was friendly and easy going and made me feel at easy.
    The interview was conversation with real life scenarios as questions.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview at my university that was in an informal setting. The interview was conversational and low stress. The interviewing was done in a STAR questioning process that was easy to prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you had to lead a group of people to success.   Answer Question

Learning & Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel interview using STAR process

Information Technology Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Information Technology (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Many candidates considered. 15 candidates selected and interviewed at University of Houston. Most were MIS and a few CIS majors.

The interview process is all behavioral based with basically zero technical questions. They want to get a feel about who the person is besides what's on a piece a paper. It's all about seeing what one's character is truly made of, what decisions they make in key spots, how you handle situations in life. The STAR process (Situation or Task, Action, and Result) is how they model the interview and it's highly advisable to study this format and relate it towards past experiences in life.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes it's truly hard to pinpoint the question to a specific instance, but that is the goal, to be as specific as possible. The best way to avoid this is to research all of the possible broad scenarios that the STAR format will use as questions and try to fit an experience from your past into each prior to the interview. That way, you'll be able to trigger that for just about any question given.

For the most part, just be yourself and as always, be honest. Another reason why they slant heavily towards the STAR method is because it's easy to tell when one is "fibbing" a story rather than recalling a true event in their life.   Answer Question