Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Information Technology Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

The first scheduled interview was not coordinated between HR on the west coast and and the site in the mid-west and as a result, when I arrived for my interview, no one was expecting me and everyone was not present so it was postponed. A phone screening followed in 4 weeks.

The phone screening was 30 minutes and mildly technical. The screener was a senior level potential coworker. They were very personable and the screening was somewhat casual. Once it was completed, they were frank and informative.

The following interview was scheduled to be with 2 people, the screener and his project manager. It ended up being a video conference with those 2 present and 4 others on the west coast. It was unexpected, but a pleasant surprise to get to interview with such varied specialties.

The interview took about 1 hour and was comprised of your standard questions and answers, and detailed analysis of my resume.

Bonus: The offices spaces, halls, lobbies were modern and minimalist; very "clean". The people were relaxed and friendly, especially security. Employees were all business-casual. The first floor had lots of vertically open space and the news was on LCD TVs in the walls in various locations. there were what seemed to be coffee stations around similar to what you might find at a convenience store. I presume it is free for employees as they were unmanned. Security is what one would expect at a multi-national conglomerate; badge access everywhere. There was a lot of glass so it was not claustrophobic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There weren't "negotiations" per se, but they do take your directly related experience and current compensation into consideration. As far as competitiveness, they offered me about 10% more than I was asking (plus bonuses) so I would say that generally speaking, they understand the importance of the human component. I don't believe salary would be an issue, at least at the senior IT level.

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

Interview

Interview took place on campus, and was about 45minutes long. My interview was a bit cold, and didn't give me a handshake. The questions were half behavioral, and the other half technical. My interviewer didn't have much of a personality, and was just following her script of questions Chevron gave her. Overall after the interview I never got a a rejections email or anything in general.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a few of your group projects you have done?   Answer Question
    • How do you convince your manager to go with your idea?   Answer Question