Chevron Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was a 30-minute phone interview with two employees. Interview was intense but the interviewers were very nice. I heard back almost 2 months later that I had received an internship.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were in a leadership position for a team. What certain practices did you implement to make this team-work experience successful?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you experienced challenges with your boss. What did you do to work out that conflict?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Intern Interview

Interview

Met recruiter (engineer, not HR) at campus career fair and I gave him my resume and talked about internship opportunities. He called me that evening and scheduled an interview for the following day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you collaborated in a team to accomplish a technical task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruitment. They got back to me a couple later through the website and asked me to schedule an On-Campus interview. The interview is intense but the interviewers are very nice. A lot of STAR questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university website of job offers for engineers. They contacted me afterwards offering me an interview and sent me a power point with the possible questions that they could ask during the interview. All the questions were personal questions regarding your previous experiences as a leader and in the oil industry

Interview Questions

• When have you had the need to be the leader of a group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my school's career fair and also applied online at chevron.com. We had an informal pre-interview dinner and then formal one hour interviews the following day. The interview was behavioral with questions in the STAR format. The recruitment team was extremely warm and welcoming. The process that very smooth and I got the impression that Chevron really values its interns and employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that involved trade offs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Applied through university, was contacted a couple days beforehand that I received an interview. Very typical interview, nice personable people who were really trying to get to know who I was. It felt comfortable but they were definitely looking for specific types of answers to questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Interview

3 behavioral-based questions, utilize STAR method. Friendly recruiters who want you to succeed. Don't be afraid to take a few seconds to come up with a good anecdote. A quality story is better than being quick to answer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were crunched for time to finish something.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview had mostly behavioral questions in the STAR method. For the most part, it was pretty conversational and lasted about 45 minutes with time to ask the interviewee questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to align your team's goal?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

To start the process, you need to meet them at a career fair. They don’t solicit applications generally. Then you submit an application and resume. There is only one interview round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you you dealt with disagreement on a team.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Was called by two employees. Various questions about previous experiences and why Chevron. Nothing difficult. They did dig deep on previous experiences so be prepared to give A LOT of detail. Several months went by before I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Specific question about a strategy I helped introduce at my last internship   Answer Question