Chevron Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Met recruiter (engineer, not HR) at campus career fair and I gave him my resume and talked about internship opportunities. He called me that evening and scheduled an interview for the following day.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you collaborated in a team to accomplish a technical task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruitment. They got back to me a couple later through the website and asked me to schedule an On-Campus interview. The interview is intense but the interviewers are very nice. A lot of STAR questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my school's career fair and also applied online at chevron.com. We had an informal pre-interview dinner and then formal one hour interviews the following day. The interview was behavioral with questions in the STAR format. The recruitment team was extremely warm and welcoming. The process that very smooth and I got the impression that Chevron really values its interns and employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that involved trade offs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Behavioral one on one interview with standard questions such as interests in the field, strengths/weaknesses, past experiences. Overall the interview was just to get a little to know about me to see if I was a good fit and had proper experiences. As an intern it is important to show curiosity and determination.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

The interview was 45 minutes long. They asked behavioral questions and left plenty of time for me to ask questions about the position. It was a relaxed get to know you atmosphere. There were two interviewers present. One was from Human Resources, and the other was from the department that I was applying to.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Very laid back. They asked questions based on my resume like experience, internships and school.They made me feel good about myself and it is very evident that Chevron is a wonderful company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Sacramento, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the career fair at CSUS and dropped off resume and transcripts. Was called the same day and scheduled an interview for tomorrow.

The interview itself was quite straightforward. First was a brief overview of my resume followed by four behavioral questions in STAR format. Quite informal. Interviewer was friendly and answered all the questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an important decision without help from anyone else in your organization.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

It was very straightforward interview and revovled around behavioral questions and the STAR method. Also they asked in depth questions about my resume, personal goals and why I chose Chevron

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you gave a suggestion but it turned out you were wrong   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through career center at University. The interview took roughly 45 minutes to complete. There were a lot of behavioral type questions (explain an experience when you had to solve a problem, give an example of how you manage multiple projects/assignments, and things of that nature.) Interviewer was pretty laid back. Positive interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in which you had to manage multiple projects/assignments at once?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university website of job offers for engineers. They contacted me afterwards offering me an interview and sent me a power point with the possible questions that they could ask during the interview. All the questions were personal questions regarding your previous experiences as a leader and in the oil industry

Interview Questions

• When have you had the need to be the leader of a group?   Answer Question