Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.8

Refinery Operator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA).

Interview

Basic STAR interview technique. When offering situations, tasks, actions, and results from past experiences, make sure to be thorough and gear answers toward the position you are applying for for relevancy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an unauthorized decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Phone interview then in person interview. Interviewers were friendly and approachable.

Basic questions were asked. Describe your past positions, where do you see yourself. Tell me about yourself. Why do you want this position?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Behavioral one on one interview with standard questions such as interests in the field, strengths/weaknesses, past experiences. Overall the interview was just to get a little to know about me to see if I was a good fit and had proper experiences. As an intern it is important to show curiosity and determination.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was hired over the phone, no one met with me, ever. I offer to meet with them so they can learn more about me and they said it was not necessary, all done by phone.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me about 2 or 3 questions. I had to ask them questions then offer information about myself. Weird interview, very weird.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

I had one phone screen with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Recruiter and hiring manager were very friendly and helpful. My understanding was that no further interviews would be conducted beyond the one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The role involved managing ten direct reports all located in different countries. I was asked how I would approach leading such a team.   Answer Question

Quality Control Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in March 2016.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Interview based on the STAR Format (Situation, Task, Action, Result).They ask you questions and your answers must follow the format. I want you to be detailed and to break down your answer into the format. Because I was applying as an upcoming graduate from college, my questions were more based on how I work with others rather than technical skills or questions.

describe a time you had to work in a group / How did you resolve a problem etc
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online via university career center and also from university career fair. First I had a phone conversation about my field of study and sponsorship requirement. Then I was interview at university

IT Professional Interview

Interview

Met with 3 managers and had 1 on 1 in person interviews with each. No tests required. Pretty laid back and easy. Did have to wait about 10 minutes past the start time as the managers were busy in another meeting.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Smooth process on interview with online registration and do the background check and drug test.
    first come fill out the application and then they will call out from the system that i do on the website.

Interview Questions

• what do you need to do when selling tobacco?   1 Answer

Third Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with training manager and personnel manager. Both had strong backgrounds in maritime industry and were very easy to talk with. The interview was very laid back and casual, I mainly just spoke freely as if I were in a normal conversation with two people. I did have positive feed back after the interview however the time of start and logistics involved to get me where I needed to be for the job were too much. I will be applying again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your take on safety and teamwork? How do you rank each one?   Answer Question