Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process involved an hour long meeting with two Chevron employees whom asked questions about you and your experiences. It was a very casual process that involved personal questions about yourself and your experiences. They end the interview with asking what your interests are in the position that you are applying for and where you would like to work for them and in which specific processing facility.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be one of your most difficult technical projects that you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Asked lots of questions about leadership and stepping up in group situations, such as when you had to deal with someone who wasn't doing their fair share of work or when a project wasn't going the way it should have, what you did personally to deal with these issues.   Answer Question

OEM Approval Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and was interviewed through phone to go over some basic information/background and interest. Then, advanced to on-site interview for more job specific and personality questions. Overall, the interview questions focused more on situational questions and they were more interested on how you will handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Chevron can provide you and vice versa?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Chevron for a summer internship position. The interviewer was very friendly as well as professional. She asked standard interview questions, and had me repeat myself a few times to ensure she had the details correct. There is a downturn in the market currently, so when I followed up with an email I wasn't surprised to get no response in return.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had difficulties working with someone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They collected resumes on campus career fair. They asked about my projects and technologies that were mentioned on the resume. They filtered out students based on hand on experience for technologies they need for their required position. They asked me if I need any sponsorship for getting/ continuing job if I selected for the full-time position.

Interview Questions

• Do you require any sponsorship for getting/ continuing job if you selected for the full-time position?   1 Answer

Geology Interview

Interview

They came to our campus for a career fair and also invited some students to dinner. The interview was standard. They asked behavioral questions and describe research. It was approximately 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were not the leader, but acted as a leader   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical behavior questions, with some detailed question based on my resume. The interviewer from Chevron are from technical group with research experience in geophysical sciences, and they could ask incisive technical questions on your resume, it's not a big problem if you know your projects very well. Be careful to prepare your on story for the behavior questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through University Recruitment. They got back to me a couple later through the website and asked me to schedule an On-Campus interview. The interview is intense but the interviewers are very nice. A lot of STAR questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Statement of Cash Flow.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited through my school's career fair and also applied online at chevron.com. We had an informal pre-interview dinner and then formal one hour interviews the following day. The interview was behavioral with questions in the STAR format. The recruitment team was extremely warm and welcoming. The process that very smooth and I got the impression that Chevron really values its interns and employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision that involved trade offs.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview. The rep came to my university and gave a presentation then the next day held interview for those who were able to get them. The representative was really easy to talk to and friendly.

Operator Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pascagoula, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Pascagoula, MS) in September 2016.

Interview

Three person interview panel that asked STAR based questions, as well as background questions.
    I feel it went well but have not received any news since interview. The panel consisted of two head operators and a HR representative. I have been to many interviews over the last year and this one was the most relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been put into an unsafe work environment? How did you handle it?   1 Answer