Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Payson, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Payson, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call for an interview, listened to them talk for a while they asked very very basic questions, have you worked in customer service before, when can you start

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in customer service before?   1 Answer

Drilling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I was an amazing experience with the recruiter. I thought i would be nervous throughout the interview they she was a really easy going person. I really liked it but i could not accept

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Smooth process on interview with online registration and do the background check and drug test.
    first come fill out the application and then they will call out from the system that i do on the website.

Interview Questions

• what do you need to do when selling tobacco?   1 Answer

Third Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with training manager and personnel manager. Both had strong backgrounds in maritime industry and were very easy to talk with. The interview was very laid back and casual, I mainly just spoke freely as if I were in a normal conversation with two people. I did have positive feed back after the interview however the time of start and logistics involved to get me where I needed to be for the job were too much. I will be applying again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is your take on safety and teamwork? How do you rank each one?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Richmond, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through website. The whole process took about 2 weeks. First a phone interview mostly asking about my resume and past experiences. Had an in-person interview in front of a panel of 5 people (my would-be supervisor and team). The interview lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

The interview process was simple as this was a contract role. 3 phone interviews were taken. One each with the technical lead, Project manager and the senior IT manager. The three interviews took a few days to be scheduled but overall process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Current job duties and responsibilities, basic database administration questions surrounding the Oracle and SQL databases.   Answer Question

Reservoir Simulation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It is a onsite interview. I interviewed in Houston, Texas. The hotel was great. The onsite day consists of 8 one-to-one interview and one group talk. During the group talk they ask questions about your research, and some questions that they are interested in. They really tried to ask difficult questions to make you stressed out. The one to one questions are easy.

Interview Questions

• What data structure do you like more, block linked list or array?   Answer Question

Health and Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chevron (State College, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview is just basic questions about who you are and how you handle situations in order to determine if you are a good fit for their company. The interview focuses on using the STAR approach - Situation, Task, Action you took, and Results

Interview Questions

• What did your engineering design class project focus on? How did you handle working in an engineering group like this?   Answer Question

Accounting/Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Just a brief 30 minute interview on campus. mainly S.T.A.R. questions (Situation, Tactic, Action, Result). They are mainly just trying to see if you are right for them personalty wise, they did not ask too many technical questions.

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

1st round interview was on campus, contacted within 3 days for 2nd round in their office. The interviews were relaxing. Required STAR when answering behavioral questions. The host who showed me around the office was extremely helpful.