Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.8

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

The interview process was very convienent for me as a student. They came to our campus and conducted interviews. The interviewers were friendly and interested in your future with the company!

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any difficult questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Interview was easy going, the interviewers made me feel very comfortable and at ease. I didn't feel like I was being interrogated. Best interview I have ever had! They did the interview at the school I was attending

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

phone interview with HR first. a couple of weeks later got phone interview with potential team lead. a few weeks later, got invited to on site interview.

on site process:
    1. interview with team lead for 20min
    2. 40-min technical presentation
    3. individual interview with each team member (10-min each)
    4. lunch with team

Interview Questions

• technical questions on the presentation and your background   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

It was very straightforward interview and revovled around behavioral questions and the STAR method. Also they asked in depth questions about my resume, personal goals and why I chose Chevron

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you gave a suggestion but it turned out you were wrong   Answer Question

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron in June 2015.

Interview

Received a message from HR to set up first interview. They needed to talk to me the same day. I was able to interview with staffing and was scheduled to another interview. I live in Illinois and the job is in Texas so they were able to schedule me for another phone interview. Will update once I have second interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What would be the deciding factor in accepting an offer from Chevron?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Submit job application on website. Interview scheduled within days. Interview with store manager. A wide variety of questions. Drug testing (they pay for) and background check if they are interested in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not negotiable.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Basic questions about my background and previous work experience. No technical questions. I was asked to give examples of times where I was put in a difficult or challenging situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with a challenging customer   Answer Question

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Honolulu, HI) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was at the Chevron main office in a conference room. There was a panel of three, the business consultant and two station managers. Very straightforward interview which lasted for about 45 minutes with each of them asking questions off a company interview sheet directive. I believe they were very desperate in finding and applicant that they hired me and another person the same day in which the interview took place.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength as a manager?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX).

Interview

in person interview at chevron. It lasted about 30 minutes and standard questions were asked and more detailed information on the position was offered.Most of the questions had nothing to do with the position.

Operator Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chevron in April 2015.

Interview

The process has been quite long for this position. Took the test and passed, received letter for interview a few months back, but it was postponed indefinitely. Just a few days ago, received a phone call confirming an interview for the operator trainee position. Interview was a panel interview with three interviewers. Asked a series of STAR based questions. In the beginning they asked about experience but touched very little on it. Mainly the behavioral based questions took up the duration of the 60 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult time when you had to make an important decision that could affect others.   Answer Question