Chevron Phillips Chemical Chemical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Generally went well. Guy was very laid back about the entire process. Several interviewers were interviewing other students in the same building. There was one extra person directing students to room who was up for chatting. Questions were not too hard, and the atmosphere was relaxed, but it was easy to see that they deal with hiring qualified individuals. I got a response within two weeks saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   Answer Question
  • Imagine you had unit. More was flowing into the system than flowing out of it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed and conversational. I had two interviewers. I think they try to match the interviewers with the interests of the interviewees. They were very nice. There were a couple of behavioral questions but mainly they just wanted to get to know you and why you would be a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and one group member wasn't cooperating. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

Spoke with CP Chem at Career Fair and received a call from them the same night to see if I was interested in a next day interview. The interview was 1:1 and it was very relaxed, the interviewer did a great job of sharing their experience at CPChem. Less than a week later I was contacted by a site HR person to schedule a phone interview, about two weeks later I had the phone interview which was a panel interview. This interview was also really relaxed they shared their background and were really interested in getting to know me. The next day, they called and made an offer. Something that I was very impressed with was how great of a job they did to make sure that the company was a good fit for me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical behavioral based questions, as well as getting you to elaborate on your resume.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

The man was very personable. Went over my resume and my experience, then talked about the classes I have taken. He asked about my leadership and what is my favorite and least favorite things about the internships I have had. He was really nice and said I would hear back in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership experience.
      What was the best and worst thing about your internship?   Answer Question