Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Phillips Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Grad Program Interview

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've ever had. Interviewer was very respectful, kind, and understanding. Reflects very well on the company as a whole and shows a culture that any engineer would be proud to be apart of. This is something Chevron Phillips should be extremely proud of.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (College Station, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Generally went well. Guy was very laid back about the entire process. Several interviewers were interviewing other students in the same building. There was one extra person directing students to room who was up for chatting. Questions were not too hard, and the atmosphere was relaxed, but it was easy to see that they deal with hiring qualified individuals. I got a response within two weeks saying that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you had unit. More was flowing into the system than flowing out of it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was an interview with 2 HR reps, a several lab supervisors, and I believe an executive. They all asked general past experience questions. I was not expecting a panel interview and was very nervous. I feel they could've let me know what to expect, but I guess fair is "just a place we take the kids in the fall." They were all nice, but I felt like none of them wanted to be there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview experience was better than I imagined. They asked a standard set of questions. Took about an hour. They were looking for 4 Admins so had someone from each department plus HR personnel conduct the interview.

Interview Questions

• At the end of the interview they asked me if I wanted to provide any additional information about myself and why I thought I would be good for this position.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweeny, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Sweeny, TX).

Interview

Overall it was about a 2-3 month process from initial testing until a selection was made. After the aptitude test was the dreaded Cobra. If you've done any type of gauges before or can learn quickly fret not, it was actually kind of simple. My problem with the hiring process came at the interview phase...I went thru this whole process only to get an interview that seemed more like a formality than an actual opportunity. I had people yawning and what not showing complete lack of interest before I could even answer 1 question. I'm sure this is a good company for the chosen ones. Word to the wise though, don't even waste your time if you don't know someone who already works here or wasn't apart of their co-op program because in the end you won't even get as much as an email saying they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing for the past X amount of years?   Answer Question

Grad Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2015.

Interview

Campus Interview the day after the career fair. received a phone call at the end of the day to schedule an interview the following day. Basic behavioral interview questions. Be prepared and do research about the company and its values.

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxed and conversational. I had two interviewers. I think they try to match the interviewers with the interests of the interviewees. They were very nice. There were a couple of behavioral questions but mainly they just wanted to get to know you and why you would be a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and one group member wasn't cooperating. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. After 2-3 weeks heard from HR to set up a phone interview. Phone Interview was conducted by two engineering managers at the site.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about troubleshooting and resolving issues in the plant?   Answer Question

IT/MIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX).

Interview

Took place at my university. It was my first interview so I'm not sure how it compares to others, thought it seemed pretty straight forward. Mostly behavioral questions but there were some technical. Are you a team player? give an example. How do you handle conflict? There is a big emphasis on safety.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time on how you applied safety to your surrounding environement   Answer Question

Professional Position Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

I was interviewed by a team of people. One of the job requirements, according to the recruiter, was optional. During the interview it was clear that this was not the case. Chevron was in possession my resume well before the interview and clearly did not see this experience. I questioned why I was invited for an interview. It was a waste of my time...