Chevron Phillips Chemical Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Phillips Chemical Process Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. After 2-3 weeks heard from HR to set up a phone interview. Phone Interview was conducted by two engineering managers at the site.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about troubleshooting and resolving issues in the plant?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron Phillips Chemical

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical in September 2014.

Interview

!) In-person interview if you are in selected Universities, i'm guessing a phone interview if not
    2) If you get a call back, you will be scheduled for an on-site tour/interview
    3) Call talking about offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you witnessed people undergoing a talk with negligence to safety   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Process consisted of phone interview and on-site interview. Questions were standard behavior based questions that ask you about a time when you solved a problem or when you had to work within a team. There was also time at the end to ask questions to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you recommended a solution or idea that failed.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical.

Interview

Interviewer came to campus. I had met him on multiple occasions during the week, so I was comfortable with him already. The interview on campus was painless, no technical aspect at all. He really just asked questions about leadership and what I knew about their company. We spent a few minutes talking about volunteer work as well.

Interview Questions

• He asked where in Texas I'd like to work. Being from another state, I didn't know the listed cities all that well so it was very difficult to rank them. Be sure to either look up stuff about the cities where they have plants or what each plant does so you know where you want to work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingwood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Phillips Chemical (Kingwood, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

3:1 Phone interview, covered a variety of materials including how I handle group dynamics, but also had technical questions. i.e. What do I think is a better process for an application.

Heard back a week later inviting me for an on-site interview. On-site interview involved meeting a lot of different people. Some were very friendly, others seemed suspicious of me. Very safety conscious company, one interviewer asked me to list and describe various recent industrial and laboratory accidents that I was aware of.