Chevron Products Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron Products Company

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Panel interview using the STAR method (Situation Task Action Result). Research behavior based questions to gain some insight. Be prepared to answer questions on safety, reliability and leadership. There will be about 7 questions in total

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Refinery Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

After submitting your application, if you are lucky enough to be picked out of the thousands of applicants for each position, you will have to go through a series of tests. Pretty basic stuff, the kinds of things you would expect from a standardized test for mechanical and practical knowledge. If you pass that, there is a computer simulation test that you must pass to get to the interview stage. The interview was pretty mundane.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall anything unexpected or particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as this is a union bargained position and the rates were already established.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company (Whittier, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Supervisor was very knowledgeable. All employees were very helpful, and team oriented. A great place to work for. You could also apply for different positions throughout the company when positions become available.

Refinery Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

testing then interview, had to wait two weeks before the test, then two weeks to hear the results and be asked to interview. was offered job one week after the interview. the test is two parts, first is math, general questions, problem solving. second part is computer operation of process plant. all in all it was easy, brush up on your math and general chemical info. read some on process control to help with the computer portion of the test.

Interview Questions

• are you afraid of height   1 Answer
    • what would you do if asked to do something you thought was unsafe   Answer Question

Offered a better job.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company (Montebello, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

Casual conversation with person very familiar with my driving record. Giving me the ins and outs of the job.

Interview Questions

• Will you drive night to start?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company in October 2011.

Interview

because they were late that day,the process is very relax,asked me some technical questions

Interview Questions

• if your collegue does not like,but you have to work with him,what will you do   1 Answer

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chevron Products Company in January 2009.

Interview

Submit resume online for specific job.
    Interview is done by group that use an excel tool to rank all the candidates.
    May get a 2nd interview.