Chevron Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Research Scientist Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Pre-screening phone call from HR, followed by a 3-hour meeting with supervisor, technical lead, and a couple of SMEs. They had a very specific position to fill and I was the right person. So, the interview was short and sweet. Since the supervisor discretion is high, once you get him/her on your side, there is no SME that can say no.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview for research position in Chevron ETC. The entire interview went smoothly and fast. They were very friendly; don't be nervous. Normally technical questions but may include some behavior questions. Be confident to explain what I have completed during the past few years. And got an offer very soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (State College, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I submitted my CV to the e Career website, and then was invited to a campus interview. The hiring managers were all Penn State alumni, friendly and informative. The interview was two part. Part I was about my research topic, Part II is a STAR test. I was required to tell three stories exemplify my ability to communicate, lead and work under pressure. The interviewers take notes when I talked. After about two weeks, I received a 'Thank you' letter saying my skills and experiences are not those they are looking for. End of story.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particular difficult. Just try to explain your research more clearly.   Answer Question