Chevron Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chevron Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Chevron

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chevron (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was the STAR method, Situation, Task, Action, and Result. It was a one hour interview, they asked about case studies that could relate to the STAR method, and about the specific details on my resume. I was asked about that specific job over the others offered in the company as well as how much I already knew about it. I thought it went well, but I didn't get invited back.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation you had to work in a group, had difficulties, and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chevron

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was fairly aggressive in answering quesitons and approach my interviewer and showing my interest for work for the company. I wanted to show that I am one of the best candidate they can hire. I guess I also made the process memorable to the recruiters by being aggressive.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Just one on-campus interview. Very standard behavioral questions, such as
    - describe a time when you worked on an engineering team
    - tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict
    - what is your greatest weakness
    - tell me about your three greatest strengths
    etc.

They also ask questions about your preferred location, and whether you would be willing to relocate

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very standard. Just general behavioral questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this is just an internship, there was not much negotiation. They do have flexibility in terms of starting and ending times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Mostly they hire from on-campus interviews or their interviews with people at professional annual meetings. The interview has wo part, behavioural and then technical. The most important factor to get an interview is your keywords in your resumes as they receive lots of resume to select

Interview Questions

• You are over qualified for the position? It is though to get the answer they want   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chevron (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interviewer mainly focused on asking me questions about my resume. In addition, I was also asked a series of questions regarding troubleshooting projects. This interview could have gone smoothly if I had some examples of issues I've encountered at work.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem involving analytical skills.   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

they have good engineers working on their staff. HR was helpful and guided through the process very well. The group I interviewed with talked freely and made me feel like home. One should go with an open and a peaceful mindset when going to their interview.

Interview Questions

• do you think you would be able to fit into this culture?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Several behavioral questions. Very relaxed atmosphere during the interview. The interviewers were friendly and helped understand the questions they were asking. They seem to be more interested in whether you are a person they can work with, as opposed to whether you know a lot about your area of expertise. Following up after the interview is very easy, the recruiters reply promptly.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron in October 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed 1-1 interview. The interviewer asked a lot about my background experiences and relevant coursework. No technical question at all. The interviewer took notes while interviewing which might be distracting. The behavioral questions were about getting along with the colleagues and dealing with upper management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation when you have to deal with upper management.   Answer Question