Chevron Interview Questions in San Ramon, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, asked basic questions about me and knowledge of the position. Too many questions about my current work that didn't seem relevant to the job. Found out 2 weeks after the interview that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• At end of the interview asked me how much I currently made.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen followed by onsite interviews a few weeks later. On site interviews (2) were 2:1 setup with each lasting 1 hour. Very fair, nothing off the wall, and very focused on fit with the Corporate culture.

Interview Questions

• Is staying within legal boundaries, good enough for corporations and their employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was unwilling to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

You no longer interview but go through a semi-annual process of applying to contingent jobs. Once you apply, a group of managers will meet and decide if what you applied for is 'good for your career' or place you in a job that they think fits your career path. You wait for a phone call and have 5 minutes to make a decision and don't have time to do your research. They say you can reject the offer but underneath that you there is a feeling that you will be blacklisted from the next round of jobs since you now have a history of rejecting jobs.....It's a really bad process where the employee doesn't feel empowered to control their own career.

Interview Questions

• None. No interview. You meet with your representative to discuss where you want to go and that's it.   1 Answer

Marine Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Normal HR contact and schedule a face to face. Nothing more to write but glassdoor wants me to type in more texts. Okay. There is nothing more to write as I dont know how they decide on who to call.

Document Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring supervisor and a member of her team that worked in a different department. The supervisor was heading the project for the different department and was seeking three contractors to help complete the project before the end of the year.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses? Please describe them.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience working in a team environment? If so, please explain how your relationship was with the other team members. Did you have any problems?   Answer Question
    • Can you start work earlier than 7 in the morning?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR representative. We discussed the position and my experiences at a high level. I then was flown to CA for an in person interview with a panel of managers, and several one-on-one meetings with my prospective team members.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important factors in determining oil prices?   1 Answer

Indirect Channel Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with the hiring manager, and then another round to be on site to have a panel interview with 4 interviewers.
    Questions are mostly behavioral questions, which they want to see how you work with others and deal with conflicts. Since Chevron is a global company and you need to deal with people in the global team, the ability to work with people who are different from you with different thinking and priority is very important.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with conflict? What was the situation?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Chevron? Who did you talk to about Chevron?   Answer Question

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with recruiter. Recruiter requested my salary to determine whether I should go through the interview process. The Recruiter did share Chevron's excellent employee benefits which were very attractive, however the salary was significantly less than my current salary which was the deciding factor in ending the interview process.

Regional Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied online to their website, and was called by a recruiter about four to six weeks later. After a brief phone screening, a panel interview was scheduled. The interview process was well organized and appropriate to the job for which I applied. Behavioral interview techniques were used.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question pertained to my rationale for why I thought I was the best candidate for the position. I found it challenging to come up with a response as I did not know with whom I was competing for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was so excited to receive the offer, and it was already more generous than I expected, so I simply accepted the offer with pleasure.

Ariba Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Had telephonic interview and the interviewer is very knowledgeable and has deep understanding of all the Ariba modules. Very professionally done on the phone. No delay and lasted about 30min and there were about 4 people in a conference room. 2 were non technical.