Chicago Trading Company Trading Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Trading Company Trading Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.4

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

On-campus interview for internship. Casual at first, the got grilled with some brainteasers and mental math. Nothing too hard, but distracting that the interview furiously scribbled notes the entire time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chicago Trading Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple, behavioural at first, then lots of mental math and expectation/risk questions. You don't move onto the next question until you get the current question right, so it gets stressful but the interviewer was very nice. You were asked to walk the interviewer through every step of your thought process when doing the mental math so he knew how you were thinking about it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

The process started with a phone interview which was about 30-45 minutes long. A couple days after the phone interview they sent me an email inviting me to there "superday". The super day was at CTC's office in the CBOE and it consisted of all the candidates for the trading assistant and financial engineering internships. It was a 2 day process and the first day was learning about the firm and taking a tour followed by a dinner with all the candidates and a number of employees. The second day was when the one on one interviews occurred and each candidate was interviewed by 6 separate employees followed by a mock trading session (This is a big part of the interviewing process). CTC gets back to you rather quickly and it is a very competitive process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through university career website and get on campus interview after 4-5 weeks. Then I have a 30-minutes on-campus interview with a trader. The whole process is not hard. It is relax but super competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard first round trading interview, all math/brain teasers and one question about my interest in trading. When practicing focus on solving mental math without looking at the problem and instead stating the process out loud (my biggest weakness). The hard part is remembering each part when doing 2x2 multiplication/division etc. not the actual "math".

Interview Questions

• 1 jar of 100 black and red marbles, how would you arrange them into 2 jars to maximize EV of black marbles?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus application process, then got a phone call about a week later with simple, why trading? Why Chicago Trading? Where do you see yourself in 5 year questions. Then got an on campus interview for the next week which was with a current trader. Asked about interests and showed genuine interest in candidates. Then went through mental math problems and probability game questions. Very standard for traders.

Interview Questions

• Given a fair 8 sided die, I pay you exactly the amount of money on the die that you roll, how much would you be willing to pay to play this game?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview on campus - first round. There were some quick mental math questions, some questions about trading, and about my interest in market making. I didn't have many good answers for these questions and honestly wish I was more prepared. Also I'd recommend that you brush up on mental math before going into the interview. Review probability, expectations, multiplication, basic stuff that they test you on.

Trading Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company.

Interview

The interview was conducted throughout 2 days. They flew us in Friday night to tour the Chicago Board of Trade and the office at CTC. In the evening, we got to socialize with CTC employees through dinner at a fancy restaurant, everything paid for. The CTC employees bore genuine interest in each candidate and the main agenda was just to have fun. During the "Super Saturday", we went through 6 30-minute interviews, 1 excel case, and 1 trading simulation game. Typical propshop and behavioral questions during interview, excel case required some experience with excel, trading simulation game was just a simulation of the trading floor. Familiarize yourself with buy/ask and EVs.

Interview Questions

• Based on your experience, what would be one thing that you think will be tough for you if you get this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round interview for this process was an on campus interview. After this first round on campus interview, there was an onsite long super day, which was very long. During this long super day, there were 6 interviews that were half an hour long each. There was also an IQ test and a mock trading session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview - a few behavioral questions, majority of the interview was mental math with large numbers, fractions to decimals and brainteaser/probability questions.

Second round is super day at their Chicago office. They fly you to location and put you in a hotel. More technical questions expected, a series of half hour one-on-one interviews, Excel case study, mock trading game, tour of office, etc.

Interview Questions

• What angle does that clock make at 4:15?
      If you have 100 red and white marbles and had to place them in two separate jars - how would you distribute the marbles to give you the highest chance (EV) of getting a red marble when you are blindfolded? You have to use all the marbles.
      1 Answer