Chicago Zoological Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chicago Zoological Society Interview Questions

Interviews at Chicago Zoological Society

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society.

Interview

Went through a rigorous application process and then was emailed about follow up interview. Great staff! The interview was about a half hour long. The questions were not to challenging. The challenging part was finding the south entrance of the zoo!

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your review and I'm glad that the interview process went quickly and smoothly for you and that you ultimately accepted our offer to join the zoo crew!

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

-they called me back quickly, they do so during peak seasons
    -went in for an interview, with a large group, and hiring managers called us in one by one
    -background check
    -one week later I had orientation
    -taught us about the zoo, gave a tour, gave us uniforms, brought in some goats (literally), and group convos

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with a difficult situation with another person and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Admissions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Super easy interview. We met in a group and were then dispersed for individual interviews. Lasted about 20 minutes, depending on how long you talked. Anyone with basic communication skills will do well. The whole thing took maybe 1 hour, if that.

Interview Questions

Chicago Zoological Society Response

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

I am glad that the interview process went quickly and smoothly and that you decided to join our great staff.

Guest Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

You go into a conference room with tons of tables set up, you are interviewed for less than 2 minuets then hired or not hired. If you are hired you get a sheet then they call you the following week to set you up for orientation. You have to buy khaki pants and black gym shoes, they give you one shirt and one cup for getting drinks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience? Why the Zoo? Availability?   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

You likely were involved in one of our larger recruitment/interview events. For our peak season we employ 1,000-1,200 employees and are interviewing and hiring in large numbers early in the year. I... More

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was extremely easy, they will hire anyone. I was nervous but I quickly learned there was no reason to be because once I started working there I realized the employees probably could not have passed a simple vocabulary test.

Interview Questions

• When have you received excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not accept the offer!

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

It is not correct that we will "hire anyone." We have a very thorough screening and interview process and screen not only for knowledge, skills and experience for the job but to assure the right fit... More

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society.

Interview

Basic phone screen. Interviewed with HR director and manager. Was a behavioral based interview. Did not ask me anything HR related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your communication style?   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for applying for a position at Brookfield Zoo. I hope that you will consider another suitable position if one becomes available.

Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society.

Interview

I had a skype interview, it was fun and down to earth. The questions asked where a lot of "what would you do in this situation" type questions. Process was a bit long, though.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with a diverse group of people.   Answer Question

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

Typically, our positions are filled much more quickly. I'm glad you found the interview process positive and that you ultimately accepted a position with the Chicago Zoological Society-Brookfield... More

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Warrenville, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had to Apply online and it took one hour, then I had to take a test-that was about one hour, then a phone interview which was 35 minutes. The online application and online test was lengthy and tedious. A bit insulting.

Interview Questions

• Are you applying for other jobs and how is your job search going?   1 Answer

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

We do not have any Claims Adjuster positions. I think that you mistakenly posted to the wrong organization.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a member of the Human Resources team that lasted about 30 minutes. She briefly described the role and we talked through some of my work history and academic experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any fundraising experience?   1 Answer

Food Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chicago Zoological Society (Brookfield, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. They asked basic interview questions, in fact I don't remember any questions particular about the company aside from "Why did you choose us?" When I got interviewed, they chose a set of 30 potentials and one by one they interviewed us. They asked a lot of situational questions like, "Can you think of a time when you had a difficult.... how did you overcome this?" They asked why I joined the team and I talked about the location of the company as well as its popularity. They also asked about questions you would most likely hear in the workforce and what steps you would take to solve them ("If you didn't know how to work [some equipment] what would you do"). It entailed a lot of whether you would take care of the situation yourself or ask for help from a co-worker/manager. There's not much more to say, it's a food service position and most people here were not qualified for much else than just a minimum wage job. If they're interviewing they are just looking for new hires so just be prepared (look up common questions given during an interview) and don't be crazy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a person came up to you and said they have a peanut allergy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Feb 6, 2018 – Vice President, Human Resources

I am glad that y our interview experience was a positive one and that you found the process easy. Thank you for sharing your review and for joining the Chicago Zoological Society.