Chick-fil-A Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.8

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Decatur, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

This was by far the best group interview I've experienced! Each of us there for the interview were able to show are differences and likeness without feeling that each person wasn't give their own chance to shine! Great interviewer/manager. Asked relevant questions and made everyone feel comfortable answering!

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between excellence and success?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Stockbridge, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a group setting of about four or so people in which you do 2 hours of answering questions, exercises, and such. Overall we started with a survival analysis quiz of How to survive in a tornado when I arrived from school. Then we continued on to some questions had in the form of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your primary 1-year goal?   1 Answer

Summer IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online, then had a 30-minute phone interview, before flying down to Atlanta for a 2 and a half hour interview. Had 3 separate 30-45 minute interviews with one person each. Everyone was very nice and I was asked standard personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had conflict with a team member and how did you work through the situation?   Answer Question

Self-Serve Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockbridge, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Stockbridge, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

It took them a while to get back to me, even though I applied over 10 days later to the job posting. You are never too late to apply! Make sure when you go you are friendly to EVERYONE who passes by. They are watching, trust me. If you are offered a drink, accept it. Be very smiley and sociable but not too relaxed. Practice a kind but firm handshake. EYE CONTACT IS EVERYTHING. Know the company and don't say anything super controversial to the company's values. Have fun and good luck! I had two interviews in the same week and was hired on the spot at the second one. I start orientation next week and train after that.

Corporate Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

First off, this company acts like they are doing you a favor by interviewing you for the role. The arrogance starts from the first email and it is a very different experience than I would have thought. The customer facing kids at the reataurants are the people required to seem happy to help, but this company is a fraud. Du to this experience, I will never spend a dime on anything their company sells amd I will make sure to spread the word to others. I would avoid applying for any job here.

Leader, Restaurant Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

When applying with Chick fil A, I think it helps to give a timeline, since the process can be SO LONG. I remember reading a glassdoor.com review during my application process, and the comment made was “I’m just glad it is over.” I can also say that I feel the exact same way! I’m not sure why they need almost 6 months to decline a candidate, but that’s what happened in my case. Also, during the process, my single application went through 3 different job titles. Maybe writing about it now gives me some type of catharsis, but more importantly, I just want others to know what they could potentially be in for; as it helps with planning your job search to kinda know what to expect. All in all, I know God has something better for me, so for what it’s worth, here’s my timeline for Restaurant Project Leader, which turned into Food Safety Consultant, which turned into Solutions Engineer (totally baffled by that last change, but ok):

9/6: submitted the initial short application; after a week or so was invited to complete the longer staff application

9/16: submitted the long app where more detailed information is asked about your background and you also have to write 5 essays that describe why you want to work at chick fil a, your future aspirations, leadership experience, etc.

10/3: After about a couple weeks, I was invited to complete a video recording on WePow where I answered more questions that were pre-recorded or written on a screen. Had to practice staring into my computer’s camera without the benefit of human facial feedback, but I got through it. Also, had to make sure my answers fit within the allotted time given.

11/2: I was invited to do 2 interactive video interviews (one with HR; one with the hiring manager) on this day using the same WePow platform. HR interview went well with the technology, but had to convert to Facetime with the hiring manager due to some tech issues. It went well; good conversation. Here, I learned of the first role change, but I thought OK, similar work, sounds like.

During this space of time, CFA interviewed 5/6 given references. Several of them texted me back saying they were asked so many questions, they felt as if THEY were applying for a job. I was proud of having such nice references, though! My old coworkers and friends are the best.

12/12: Growing weary, but got invited for an onsite interview! This day I had a pre-interview dinner at a really nice Vinings restaurant with the hiring manager and his manager. It was a little stiff, but overall pleasant and informative. I thought the investment and time spent so far meant that they really wanted to hire me. They also tipped me off about the importance of relationships and consensus building and both being so vital to fitting in at CFA and if you are the type of person that gets impatient with their process and bugs HR constantly about status of your application, you probably won’t fit there.

12/13: Onsite interviews with about 5 people on the Food Safety team. Good conversations, reiterated the relationships point from last night; last interview was with HR and I felt great about the language she was using (sounded very positive).

1/5: Got a call from HR saying that I’m still in the running for the position but they need about 30 days to finalize their decision on the role.

2/24: Got an email stating that I had been carefully considered but am out of the running for the “Solutions Engineer” role. The name was new to me, so when I asked, was told that the job title had changed again.

Wow, I got tired just reading that back. Well, on to better things. I didn’t think it could ever take any organization so long to say, “no”, but after almost 6 months, I got a decision. If it takes you a shorter time, congrats! For others, whew and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Many typical questions, one stand-out: If you were given $1B, to whom would you write the first two checks?   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, was requested to complete a full application, then asked to come in for a formal interview.
    Disappointingly, the company did not take the time to interview a long-time internal candidate before having me take off 1/2 day of work to come in and interview with 4 people. The internal candidate interviewed the following day and offered the job.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process with Chick-fil-A was very professional. Everyone was very nice. They have you meet with multiple people on the day that you interview. All of your interviews are back-to-back, and they provide a lunch break (which is also an informal interview).

Team Member/Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Fayetteville, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied about 2-3 weeks ago. They emailed me 3 days ago to come in for an interview by then I'd already about forgotten that I even applied. I went in, was offered a drink and the interview took place in the back of the dwarf house. The first think the general manager asked was tell me about yourself. I had a difficult time answering that so he came to my rescue by asking what I knew about the restaurant. I'd already done plenty of research about Chick fil a so I was more than prepared. Next we talked about the history of that particular restaurant. Couple laughs here and there and fifteen minutes into the interview he offered me a job! They're also looking for people who excel academic wise and volunteer on their free time. He looked at my resume and commented that I was overqualified, haha. Overall great experience. My advice is be yourself and don't stress. I was extremely nervous egoing in but the interview felt more like a conversation than anything else. Make sure you do your research, smile and show some enthusiasm!

Mutiple Corporate Postions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very long and strenuous and semi frustrating. You first submit your online profile to the job, if they like your profile you then get invited to complete the online application, if your online application is liked you then get invited to do the digital interview. I am in the digital interview process so I am not sure what the next step is but I interviewed digitally over a month ago.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at chick-fil-a?   1 Answer