Chick-fil-A Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.3

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Expression of interest
    2. Application
    3. WePow Interview
    4. Phone/video interview
    5. Topgrade interview
    6. Focused interview
    7. Final interview

Give them everything about you. Very intrusive process. Extremely personnel and in depth financial questions. Know that no matter what CFA will always be successful as over 66% of their operators are coming from internal programs. As an outsider running a successful business, graduated from service academy, masters, and top notch leadership training I was not chosen to move forward.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you tell me a little about yourself?
      2. Why do you want this job?
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What are your greatest professional strengths?
      5. What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
      6. What is your greatest professional achievement?
      7. Tell me about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
      8. What’s your management style?
      9. Who do you look up to?
      Tell me about your childhood before high school.
      • 2. What were 3 good things about high school?
      • 3. What were 3 bad things about high school?

4. Why did you choose the Air Force Academy?
      • 5. What were 3 good things about college?
      • 6. What were 3 bad things about college?
      • 7. What would your best friend in high school say about you as a person?
      • 8. Why did you choose to pursue your MBA?
      • 9. Have you had P(profit)&L(Loss) experience?
      • 10. Have you hired someone, yes or no?
      • 11. Have you fired someone, yes or no?
      • 12. Did you have any jobs in high school?
      • 13. What has been your favorite job so far (in the military) and why?
      • 14. Why was your most satisfying accomplishment in that job?
      • 15. What is your leadership philosophy?
      • 16. When you joined the military, were you planning on staying in for 20 years?
      • 17. Why did you choose your career path as a company owner?
      • 18. Why a restaurant setting (instead of another business)?
      • 19. Why Chick-fil-A over other business opportunities?
      • 20. What do you do in your free time to make a difference? (something like that)
      • 21. Give an example of a time you're developed someone.
      • 22. Give an example of a time you've casted a vision for a team, and how you did it.
      • 23. Name a time you had a problem with an employee and how you resolved/responded to it.
      • 24. Tell me what separates you from your peers?
      • 25. Name 3 mistakes you've made/challenges you've had in your professional career.
      • 26. Name a process/something you did do make the business better.
      • 27. What is your role within Chick-fil-A?
      • 28. How do you develop yourself as a leader?
      • 29. Any other questions?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Frisco, TX).

Interview

I just went in asked how to apply for a job they showed me the website to go to. Then I came back told a manager that I applied he gave me an interview time the next day. Went in to the the interview but never had an interview he just hired me straight away.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

It was a group interview. Everyone introduced themselves. We were asked questions about the Chick-fil-A company and when we were able to work. If we were to get hired, we would get a call and the hiring manager would speak with us what we would be doing and what will happen the first week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chick-fil-A?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

Initial interview was with a director who then gave me an interview on the spot with the operator. I did not get hired immediately. Got a call 3 days later and got the job

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

It took them a week to call back, the interview was very short and easy. The manager was nice and honest. It's more of a get to know you thing rather than a "do you know about our company?" thing, but you should still do some research as it will help.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

I had 2 interviews over the course of 2 weeks, and they called a week after the second interview to let me know I had the job. Wonderful experience overall

Cashier/Team Member Interview

Interview

You have to come in prepared so practice interview questions and dress for success. Look professional, a hiring manager always likes to hire someone who is presentable to the community. I have never had an interview but this is advice that I have been given

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Smyrna, TN).

Interview

Professional and, as it turned-out, intentionally misleading. Was interviewed by the owner/operator who was pretty much the only sane person in the store. I had to do a whole day of orientation videos followed by a test to measure how much of the info I retained. Unfortunately, I retained much more than I cared for as the only truth told in all the info provided was Dan Cathy is the CEO and they always put two pickles on the chicken sandwiches. The videos always focused on how much fun it is to work there - LIES! There is no fun! Just a bunch of crazy people lamenting over their failed lives which makes it the opposite of fun - it's SAD!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chick-fil-a?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

Applied online then was called in for an interview about 3-4 days later. It was a very easy interview but I was pretty nervous because it was my first one.

Front Counter Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview after I applied online. The day of I had to assist a family member who had car troubles. I called up the location to try to contact the interviewer, was unable to speak to her, so I left a message with another employee. I emailed her hours before our scheduled interview to try to explain the situation to her and ask if we could reschedule. She emailed me back after the allotted time thanking me for trying to contact her, but did not ask to reschedule. Guess I was crossed off the list automatically even if my reason was legitimate.