Chick-fil-A Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.3

Leader, Restaurant Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

When applying with Chick fil A, I think it helps to give a timeline, since the process can be SO LONG. I remember reading a glassdoor.com review during my application process, and the comment made was “I’m just glad it is over.” I can also say that I feel the exact same way! I’m not sure why they need almost 6 months to decline a candidate, but that’s what happened in my case. Also, during the process, my single application went through 3 different job titles. Maybe writing about it now gives me some type of catharsis, but more importantly, I just want others to know what they could potentially be in for; as it helps with planning your job search to kinda know what to expect. All in all, I know God has something better for me, so for what it’s worth, here’s my timeline for Restaurant Project Leader, which turned into Food Safety Consultant, which turned into Solutions Engineer (totally baffled by that last change, but ok):

9/6: submitted the initial short application; after a week or so was invited to complete the longer staff application

9/16: submitted the long app where more detailed information is asked about your background and you also have to write 5 essays that describe why you want to work at chick fil a, your future aspirations, leadership experience, etc.

10/3: After about a couple weeks, I was invited to complete a video recording on WePow where I answered more questions that were pre-recorded or written on a screen. Had to practice staring into my computer’s camera without the benefit of human facial feedback, but I got through it. Also, had to make sure my answers fit within the allotted time given.

11/2: I was invited to do 2 interactive video interviews (one with HR; one with the hiring manager) on this day using the same WePow platform. HR interview went well with the technology, but had to convert to Facetime with the hiring manager due to some tech issues. It went well; good conversation. Here, I learned of the first role change, but I thought OK, similar work, sounds like.

During this space of time, CFA interviewed 5/6 given references. Several of them texted me back saying they were asked so many questions, they felt as if THEY were applying for a job. I was proud of having such nice references, though! My old coworkers and friends are the best.

12/12: Growing weary, but got invited for an onsite interview! This day I had a pre-interview dinner at a really nice Vinings restaurant with the hiring manager and his manager. It was a little stiff, but overall pleasant and informative. I thought the investment and time spent so far meant that they really wanted to hire me. They also tipped me off about the importance of relationships and consensus building and both being so vital to fitting in at CFA and if you are the type of person that gets impatient with their process and bugs HR constantly about status of your application, you probably won’t fit there.

12/13: Onsite interviews with about 5 people on the Food Safety team. Good conversations, reiterated the relationships point from last night; last interview was with HR and I felt great about the language she was using (sounded very positive).

1/5: Got a call from HR saying that I’m still in the running for the position but they need about 30 days to finalize their decision on the role.

2/24: Got an email stating that I had been carefully considered but am out of the running for the “Solutions Engineer” role. The name was new to me, so when I asked, was told that the job title had changed again.

Wow, I got tired just reading that back. Well, on to better things. I didn’t think it could ever take any organization so long to say, “no”, but after almost 6 months, I got a decision. If it takes you a shorter time, congrats! For others, whew and good luck!

Interview Questions

• Many typical questions, one stand-out: If you were given $1B, to whom would you write the first two checks?   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

Basically, if you got the interview, more likely than not, you got the job. The questions were all relatively straight forward, and they usually will decide if they want to give you an offer within a week or so.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online, was requested to complete a full application, then asked to come in for a formal interview.
    Disappointingly, the company did not take the time to interview a long-time internal candidate before having me take off 1/2 day of work to come in and interview with 4 people. The internal candidate interviewed the following day and offered the job.

Cashier/Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

I applied and bout a week later got an email to come into a group interview. I wore nice jeans, nice top and nice shoes. Went in said I was there for the group interview I signed in, they offered me something to drink then took me to a table where there was a few people. I said hi to them then said hi to everyone who came in. We all talked amongst ourselves, it was mainly teenagers as chick fil a hires at 15 whereas most places don't. It was only me and two others that were in our 20's. Then the manager walked over and had us move to a less noisy bigger table. It was about 9 people. They went around the table and had us talk a little about ourselves. Mostly everyone was in high school, a few were in college. Then they separated us into 2 groups and we were given a paper with 3 questions to solve together. The first question was 5 girls that were running a race and Emma finished behind Beth but before Claire and Claire finished behind Lisa, etc. That was pretty easy. The second one was kinda difficult, it was a farmer has a chicken, a bag of grains and a fox that he has to get across the river but only one can fit on his boat and the fox will eat the chicken and the chicken will eat the grains. The last question was a chicken farmer has cows and chickens to make up so many animals with so many legs. It was kinda odd questions for chick-fil-a but I think it was moreso to see how well we work in groups. Then they asked us what the best decision we ever made and if we could do one thing without failing what would it be. We went around and answered those questions and then they said there's 3 interviews before getting hired. First is the group interview, then a one on one, then the final interview. She sent us off, I shook her hand and thanked her for her time.

The interview itself was fine, I think they moreso want younger kids.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything, without failing, what would you do?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Frisco, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was relatively easy because the establishment had just open a couple of weeks ago, so the hiring
    manager needed as much as he could get. Although he needed a lot of help, he was very picky about who he wanted working at his restaurant so getting started was the challenging part. He only wanted fast hard working people there, and that is exactly what I had to offer him, so he hired me.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our restaurant environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not have to, my resume and my intellect spoke for itself.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange City, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Orange City, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an open interview. I sat at the table with several high school students. The interviewer came over and asked the questions to the entire table. It was kind of uncomfortable and not very personal. However the overall interview experience was pleasurable.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Chick-fil-A?   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process with Chick-fil-A was very professional. Everyone was very nice. They have you meet with multiple people on the day that you interview. All of your interviews are back-to-back, and they provide a lunch break (which is also an informal interview).

Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A.

Interview

Had 3 interviews all very straightforward and nice. Dressing professionally really helped, the franchise owner even complimented me. Super great place to work and all the managers are very friendly each interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my profile online. The recruiter was supportive throughout the entire interview process and responded to all queries. A phone interview was then set up with the hiring manager. There were a variety of questions asked. I later found out from the recruiter that I was not hired since they were looking for a business analyst(the advertised job was for a Data Analyst). I was a bit confused at that point since the on the JD shared, I could not relate it to business analysis. I felt that if the job description had been a bit clearer and longer, it could have made a difference. But I grateful at least I got a chance to interview with them.

Front Counter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chick-fil-A (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked more about your personality than your work experience. They want to make sure you are a good person, I called the location first, and then I applied online. I went to the location and introduced myself to the manager. He called the next day to schedule an interview. I was hired on the spot.