Chico's FAS Sales Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chico's FAS Sales Lead Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Rockwall, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was called in and interviewed with the assistant manager and a week later interviewed with the District Manager and a few days later I was called and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you went over and beyond in any of your past positions and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chico's FAS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Fort Washington, MD).

Interview

I was called by new store manager who did not even realize that I ever even worked for the company before or in the exact same location.
    I expressed to her that she should contact her District manager first and I never heard anything back and when I called I was told that she would rather search for someone else instead.

Interview Questions

• Never got in for one after working for the company for over 1 year   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Meridian, ID) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with the GM who asked me about myself. She asked lots of typical interview questions and described the job to me. No surprises, just your typical retail sales interview. Then she asked me to pretend I had a client and select 3 outfits for her: work, going out at night and casual. Next, one of the assistant managers came in and didn't comment on my selections. Just had me add up how much the customer would have spent if she had purchased everything I selected and showed me how much commission I would have made on the sale. Then another assistant manager came in and asked me a few more questions to wrap up the interview. I think it was the GMs way of getting her approval.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell ladies clothing   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (New Haven, CT) in May 2014.

Interview

Their decision is mostly based on your appearance, they want you to reflect "style" of company. They are rather arrogant, Store Manager and Regional Manager think they are above most and look for others who reflect the same image yet once in position they treat you like you are below them.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Fayetteville, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

My initial interview (for Sales Associate) was standard. Met with Store Manager and asked regular interview questions. For the Sales Lead interview the GM called and the questions were more in depth.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous sales experience apply to sales and management at Chico's?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (San Diego, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was quick and painless! I interviewd with the store manager and district manager at seperate times but within same week, both of whom are fabulous and loving, and genuinely care about the business. I was excited to join the team. The offered pay however was quite low and because of my lack of offers anywhere else I had to take it...

Interview Questions

• What are your strenghts, do you like fashion, weaknesses, etc. pretty standard. And a lot of questions pertaining to prior retail experience and store numbers.   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Interview with DSM, then SM, then ASM.
    Took 3 weeks to finally get the offer.
    Many situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were not able to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chico's FAS in June 2013.

Interview

Spoke with store manager. A Phone interview appointment was set up with the Regional Manager. It took 30 minuets. Leaning about phone interviews on line helped prepare me. It went very well.

Interview Questions

• What can I bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for an amount, was told it was in the " ballpark".

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chico's FAS.

Interview

Two interviews. First with the Store Manager & Assistant Manager & the second with the District Manager. Basic interview questions: how do you handle a difficult customer, give me an example of a time you provided excellent customer service, etc.

Interview Questions

• District Manager told me a story about when she was a Manager & her assistant undermined her direction & watched my reaction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chico's FAS (Chevy Chase, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

For this interview there was a brief telephone screen and this was then followed by an in person interview with the manager of the store as well as with the district manager of that area.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very short negotiation phase as there was not a lot of negotiating.