Child Guidance Resource Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Child Guidance Resource Centers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers.

Interview

-filled out initial questionnaire screening and then spoke with two interviewers
    -they asked questions about experience and situational questions (i.e. tell me about a time that you had to work with a difficult person and what did you do?)

Intervention Development Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havertown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers (Havertown, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Background check, drug test, and general job overview. Describing the length of the job and location. Also what to expect when working with children and teenagers. Interviewer explained that children and teenagers ranged from low mental functioning to highly overactive behavior.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working with children.   1 Answer

Lead Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers (Phila, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Half hour interview with the Assistant Director of the program. Easy questions, not anything out of the ordinary. Received an e-mail offer for the position approximately one week following my interview.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working with children with ASD/emotional disabilities?   Answer Question

BSC MT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers (Coatesville, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was a piece of cake. This was surprising to me as I found it unusual that I was hired on the spot without checking references, etc. I knew that the site must have been hurting and had a high turnover. Hiring process was longer and a bit tedious. I was not informed by the hiring supervisor that I would be required to attend so many hours on multiple days of orientation and training prior to beginning work. This posed a problem for me as I already had a job, and the part-time position at Child Guidance was not as important as my full-time job. I had to take many unexpected days off of my primary job to fulfill the Child Guidance requirements.

Interview Questions

• As I stated, the interview was a piece of cake. There were no unexpected or difficult questions. I suppose I could say that the most unexpected question was how quickly could I start work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Working as a BSC MT is pretty standard as far as rate per hour goes.

Mental Health Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havertown, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers (Havertown, PA) in July 2011.

Interview

I am already a per-diem employee and was told at my initial interview they hire F/T workers from within. When I got the call that there was a F/T and P/T opening I was asked to come in and speak with the supervisor since I hadn't worked at that specific site before. When I got there it was an interview and I was asked the general scenario questions. I was also told there was another candidate up for the position.

Interview Questions

• If a client was verbally abusing you what would you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a client that does not want to participate in their daily goals?   Answer Question

Behavior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Havertown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Child Guidance Resource Centers (Havertown, PA) in August 2010.

Interview

Came in to a group hiring day. Supervisor looked at my resume, asked me 1 question and then offered me a job. The only question asked was how did I like working for my last employer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just told me what they paid