Children's Creative Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Creative Learning Centers Interview Questions

2.8

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers.

Interview

Interview was easy. They asked all the typical questions and wanted to know about my ability to build teams and manage staff. A lot of what I was to actually do in this role was left out and upon accepting the job, I was loaded down with all kinds of menial tasks and basically reduced to a floater as opposed to an actual member of management.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to build teams and retain staff.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (Monterey, CA).

Interview

First you go through a phone interview. Then you take a test on line. Next you come in for a interview. When I came in for interview I did find it odd I was not alone in the room with Director. I was lead to believe it was another team member but actually it was the District manager!

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of basic knowledge and experience. In the end I was told I would be contacted by Friday. I was also told where she would like to put me and rate of pay. Never got that call I had to email several times just to get a response. I felt it was unprofessional.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Asked a list of questions, what classroom I preferred (told I probably would not be able to work with that age group because the position was filled) taken on a tour right after, and I was called back that same day being offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (Columbus, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process is lengthy and confusing. Multiple management levels were involved, no one was able to answer basic questions regarding center policies and procedures. Follow up calls, interviews, emails, and messages were erratic, few and and far between.

Floater/Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers in March 2016.

Interview

First you apply online by filling out an multi part application and if they see you as a fit you will get an email or phone call requesting an in person interview. Be prepared and be the best professional you that you can be because it will definitely shine through. The interview was wonderful and fulfilling and now I'm just waiting to see if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a parent who came into the classroom with a concern about their child?   Answer Question
    • What would you describe as a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • If there was a child who was emotional within your classroom, how would you comfort the child?   Answer Question

Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the corporate office in Portland. Next, I met with district manager for a face to face interview at the center. The interview went well, the DM was very friendly and informative. Questions were typical and pertained to Child Care Leadership, engaging families and working with teaching staff.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you deal with a family or parent that came to you with a complaint?   Answer Question

Head Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, then an in-person "Behavioral" where you spend a couple of hours (yes unpaid!) in a classroom. Then finally the long and awkward in-person panel - they use a "Lominger's" interview format. I would suggest looking up what that is before you go in so you are prepared for the kind of conversation you will encounter!

Interview Questions

• How do you think children learn best?   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

This company was very fast to respond to my application. They were flexible and tried to work around my schedule for the convenience of a phone screening. The phone screening was mainly on my experience and education. The process took about 2 weeks. The interview was different from what I was used to. It was panel styled with a 3:1 ratio. To break things down, I spent 1 hour of classroom shadowing (this is the chance for them to see how comfortable you are engaging with the children) and another 15-30 minutes of interviewing. The panel interview was a little intimidating; however, everyone was very polite and friendly. Overall, the interview process was enjoyable due to the company I had.

Interview Questions

• What type of communication and frequency of communication is important for teachers to use with parents?   Answer Question

Floater Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was not difficult. It started with a phone screening, which led to a panel interview at the center. Afterwards, they took you into one of the classrooms to evaluate how you interacted with the children. Depending on which age group you were interested in, they would bring you into one of those classrooms. It was a great way to get to know the classroom culture and to get to know current teachers that were in the center.

Interview Questions

• A lot of scenario questions:
      How to deal with irate parents?
      How to make a child feel welcomed?
      What ideas can you bring to the classroom/center?   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Creative Learning Centers (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was very sweet, and easy to talk to. This company is very quick to respond to questions and emails. The company emails you and ask when is a convenient time for a phone interview, which is great because they work around your availability. Then they call you at your appropriate time and then they give u a phone interview which lady about 10-15min.

Interview Questions

• What has been your teaching experience?   1 Answer

The locaroom was to far. But great school.