Children's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Called to come in for interview. Told there were several positions that they were trying to fill. Overview of the organization and position. Met with current analyst. Walked through several building projects. No indication of true job responsibilities in the online job description.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved around project development. At the time this department was involved in the business development of suburban health center locations. Questions were not at all reflective of the online job description.   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. The transport team has a panel and they ask specific questions in regards to how you handle situations that have either come up or may arise. They also provide you with a skills test to to gauge what your skill level is in order to best fit your orientation process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to correct someone for making a clinical mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my offer. I was satisfied with the initial offer that was made to me.

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online in March, received an email mid May asking if I was interested in interviewing. Called the recruiter & we set up a time for an in person interview for one week later. At the conclusion of the interview the manager told me I'd hear something no later than the end of the following week. I got a phone call with an offer within hours after I left.

Interview Process was excellent. Very professional yet laid back - had a family oriented feel to it. There were many (many) behavioral type questions asked of me .. (I've listed a few examples below but there were I'd guess approx 10 or so <behavioral> questions altogether)

I wouldn't say the interview was "difficult"... It was, however, exceptionally thorough. Come prepared with lots of stories to back up your answers to typical behavioral interview questions & you should be fine. :)

I was brought into a room with a large table and was seated opposite two managers who interviewed me together - each taking turns asking me questions. They made the process as painless as one could hope for in this type of setting.

I got the feeling that they were very down to earth, friendly people who were passionate about their careers & who they brought on board to join their team. They were very receptive to questions I had and their positive energy made me feel very excited about the job.

I'm thrilled to bits with my offer for employment and will add a review of the company once I've gotten my feet wet! :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't agree with or get along with another person's values outside of the workplace - how did this affect your work & how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you're most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you performed an incorrect exam on a patient. How did you resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when a company you've worked for underwent a great deal of change and things didn't go as smoothly as you would have liked. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you felt like the treatment the physician was giving to a patient was wrong. What did you do? What were the consequences of your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt zero need to negotiate because the rate they offered was fantastic.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

you first do an interview with the HR recruiter, then a interview with the manager or the team leader, once that is complete you await to hear if you received the job. then you do you background and drug screen. they have employee orientation every 2 weeks, so you will have to be put into an orientation class

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

The application process was long and time-intensive. The process for my application to be accepted took a long time, and my interview was scheduled weeks after I applied. The interview itself took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions that had no applicability to the job position   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was long but was interesting. I learned a lot about the company and they seemed to be interested in making sure it was a fit for me and the staff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy, they offerred me what I wanted. It was no hassle.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The process itself took forever. I don't think they were very serious about getting the position filled, which is unfortunate, because after getting here, I found out that the employees had been taking on extra work while the position was vacant. The employees desperately wanted to get the position filled, and management didn't seem to care.
    I interviewed with people who were reading their interview questions from a sheet of paper and just blindly writing down what I said. I got the impression they didn't know what they were looking for, they just needed something to fill up their piece of paper. They were from various areas within Human Resources, and I don't think some of them even knew what the position involved.
    Bottom line, I took the job. I was REALLY attracted to the mission and thought the pros out-weighed the cons. I was wrong. I compromised and now I regret it. I started looking for another job shortly after I got here and realized what I had gotten myself into!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box.   1 Answer
    • Describe the job where you were most productive.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was non-existent. You accept what they offer you or they choose another candidate. Be prepared to take a pay cut if you have the experience they are looking for. Because of the economy, they are able to pay low due to all of the unemployed HR people out there right now. However, after getting in and seeing their "merit increase" scale, I regret taking a lower offer. The scale is very low, and you will not even get an increase that matches the cost-of-living index. Couple that with rising benefits prices, and it will actually cost you money to work here each consecutive year...

Ambulatory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and precise. Asked mainly behavorial questions. Leadership was professional and asked questions pertaining to what my job function would be. Very exact on company's mission and expectations

Interview Questions

• How do I handle stressful situations   1 Answer

Ambulatory Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Process consists of two interview phases. First phase just met with the manager and answered genral questions. Second phase met with 3 groups of people who worked in the unit. Was pretty exhausted after the second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a coworker did not get along. How did you handle it?   Answer Question