Children's Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Health Registered Nurse Interview Questions

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Fairly easy & straightforward process. Applied online and about 1-2 weeks later received a call from a recruiter. After having an interview with the recruiter just to get comfortable with the process, I then was able to talk later on with the manager of the particular unit I had applied for.

Interview Questions

• Interview in general was about an hour long. Only talked with one of the main clinical managers of the unit as no one else at that time was available. I am currently living outside of Dallas, so interview was conducted via Skype. All questions were behavioral based. Such as, being asked to recall a time when a patient or family member complained- how that was handled, what was the end result etc. More or less they are looking for you to be able to discuss a specific example that you encountered as a nurse.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Children's Health

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

you first do an interview with the HR recruiter, then a interview with the manager or the team leader, once that is complete you await to hear if you received the job. then you do you background and drug screen. they have employee orientation every 2 weeks, so you will have to be put into an orientation class

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Health (Plano, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Spoke with director and RN. Asked scenarios and education questions and previous experiences. Both asked for input to continue growth in the current company. Honest input given on previous home health care jobs and how it all progressed. Keep in mind other patient care questions and critical thinking throughout job. Skills and driving areas discussed.

Interview Questions

• Experience, scenarios, education   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Health.

Interview

Lots of behavioral type of questions. Be very prepared. They like to ask you about past experiences, past mistakes, "what if" type of questions. The HR department is VERY slow with returning phone calls and emails. Just be patient and keep tracking down your application status. If you know someone who already works there, talk with them to get phone numbers and email addresses.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Health (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I wasn't too fond of my interview with Human Resources, since they are not nurses. Most questions were standard such as "What would your old manager's tell us about you..." I interviewed with the nurse supervisors on the floor and was able to talk more about my work experiences, what i can offer, ect...

Interview Questions

• what would your ex managers say about you?   1 Answer
    • What would you're previous coworkers say about you're work ethic?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Children's pays off a scale based on experience as an RN, it doesn't matter much if you had experience in the field you're interviewing for or not.