Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2018

2.9

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied and it took about a month for them to contact. I had an interview online and was contacted about a second interview. Which was panel. After that they asked for 3 references and background check consent. I think it's safe to say I have the job! :)

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on the CHOA website. I had to complete a personality test before I submitted the application. After about two weeks I was emailed to complete a video interview via the internet. The video interview was about 6 questions. About a 7-10 days later I was asked to come in for an one on interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOA?
      Give an example of how you have dealt with a major change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate, it is a part time position

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

They have you do a video interview with a robot and take a personality quiz. Literally the worst interview process ever. Then they have two managers in on your sit down interview and ask the same type of questions every other interview asks. Trick questions that do not allow you to show your strengths. Why are we still asking people to assign themselves a weakness? What's your greatest weakness? My Achilles heel?

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult patient encounter and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in July 2016.

Interview

From the time I filled out the application to when I got hired took about 3 months. You have to first get a video interview before they schedule a face to face in person interview. After the interview it was almost two weeks before I got the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you and a coworker didn't see eye to eye. How did you handle the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not need to negotiate. Gladly accepted the proposed compensation.

Performance Improvement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Received a call from an internal HR and spoke for few minutes, then she scheduled me in for an onsite interview. Arrived on time and was taken for my first interview with the Hiring Manager. We spoke about the job and he asked some situation type questions. then The next interview with the team was super weird. The three people in the team that interviewed me were all brought in by each other and someone that works within the organization. So this begs the question, if any three of them have someone in mind (of which they would considering the job climate), what chance do I have?

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in July 2014.

Interview

First interview was via video which consisted on 10 questions about my character and the position in which I was applying.
    Second interview was with the recruiter who also gave a ten question written test about the procedures of the position. And he gave an overall description of the position.
    Last interview was a 3 person panel consisting of the dept head, dept supervisor and your potential reporting supervisor. This interview consisted of constant questions about how you would deal with the negatives of the job. It seem as though they wanted someone who has ran into frequent complications and tell how they dealt with it. Everything seemed negative, no positives seemed to be taken into consideration for this particular position. For example: if the computer crashed how would I handle it? My answer was to get the data backed up or handwritten and advise the supervisor of the issue but that wasn't what they was looking for.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were those of bad encounters that I didn't see as negatives but instead I was able to continue working   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an invite to online interview 4 days later. Got the in person interview 3 days after that and was offered the job before the end of that day.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was called by a reruiter who gave me a brief overview of the position. One day later I then received a call from the Social Work Manager who told to me briefly on the phone; asking me basic questions about my background. She then sent me an email message with interview date and time. For the 1st interview I met with the manager alone. I then met with the SW team. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 Social Workers. The interview lasted about 1 hour. I left and heard back from the 4 weeks later requesting me to return and meet with more social workers and also interview with the unit manager and nurse case manager I will be working directly with. I left and did not hear back from them for another 4 weeks. Where the Social Work manager sent me an email to inquire whether I was still interested. I told her I did. The next day from HR offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past position and share with us your highlights in that position   Answer Question

Social Worker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called by the recruiter to schedule an onsite interview with the Social Work Manager. After, I received an email regarding a second interview. The second interview was more of a panel styled interview where I met with multiple social workers and nurses and nurse case managers. The whole interview took about two hours. They asked behavioral style questions. The STAR format will be most helpful. I reached out after a couple of weeks, but never heard anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked as a team?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a patient or family?
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry family?
      Tell a time where you had multiple tasks to complete? How did you prioritize?   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

You go through one of their HR recruiters first. Then a nursing recruiter. Then you go to the department you are interested in for an interview. Then you shadow a nurse for 4 hours on that unit. Questions they ask are on a preprinted form. HR recruiters seem very disorganized and don't seem to know what the other one is doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with...? How do you relax after having a stressful day at work? Do you work well with...? How would you deal with a last minute assignment change?   Answer Question