Children's Home + Aid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Home + Aid Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews about a week or two apart. I was interviewed by two department supervisors each time. They seem to take time to make sure candidates will be a good fit in the role and to make sure that they will fit the culture of the organization.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions about work experience, education and how I had dealt with different work situations in past employment.   Answer Question

Master Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid in July 2017.

Interview

I recently applied and interviewed for an Master Teacher position. I was in an interview with 4 people as well as a two parent interview. It went well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Children Home and Aid?   1 Answer

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Evanston, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

First I had in person interview. A month later, I was called for second interview. A MONTH LATER. I shadowed the job during second interview and it has been almost my 3rd week waiting for follow up and I was never notified if I was offered a job or not.

I wasted my time interviewing here. 4 total hour spent on the road & 4 hours spent on actual interviews. At least say, thank you for your time and interest in employeement with us and answer your phone and respond to your email.

When I shadowed a job, 1 employee decided to leave after a month of working & 1 another guy thinking about quitting. And all these guys were night-staff.

I was considered for day-staff, when in reality they were looking for night-staff.
    A night staff who worked there were pissed off when I shared that I was interviewing for day staff because they were waiting to change their shift for awhile but it never happended.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation when a kid starts to show behaviorsZ   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Bloomington, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly casual and laid back and held at agency office. Interviewer took time to get to know applicant and showed applicant around the building at end of the interview. References were checked and then interviewer called applicant to explain decision.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with children in foster care?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

The interview was great. We spend lots of time discussing our expectation on the position. At the end of the interview i has a clear understanding of what the position was, and the interviewer has a great understanding of my personal goals in the job. I did not feel like this was your average interview because it consisted of getting to know each other first, this was a great sign for me to notice the company culture, and i must say i was impress! Overall, i am very glad i was able to have the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

I had one interview with the woman who would ultimately be my direct supervisor. I got a good vibe from the company via the receptionist and my interview started on time. After a quick tour of the building, recently renovated, we sat down t interview. My interview was probably 30 minutes at most and didn't include anything outside of the normal interview questions. I was a little nervous, as expected, and the person interviewing me was pretty stern but did laugh a little. Nothing out of the ordinary. Very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was fresh out of grad school and happy to have an offer (my second one). Therefore, I did not negotiate. Please do! Or you will be stuck with that salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid.

Interview

I found the opening online and applied. I got a call within a week and interviewed the following week with the supervisor and then again with the team and VP in about another week. The supervisor offered me the job the next Monday and I started 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• This is hard to recall because it's been quite a while. I remember being asked why I thought people lie (because we do come across people who want to seem different than they really are). I believe the interview questions have since been changed so this might not be helpful.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Chicago, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

In person interview with Program Manager, Principal, and LSC board. Very comfortable and laid back. Lots of scenario questions. Appreciated the conversation with LSC board on how to effectively work with parents and the staff.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions on your experience with schools, community and organization.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Rockford, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very detailed as the Supervisor is the most important role in Child Welfare. There are specific questions regarding child welfare. Also specific questions regarding safety of children, court and legal systems, department of child and family services, and supervisory style. Some offices require a few rounds of interviews for this position.

Statewiide Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Home + Aid (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

5 intense interviews with different groups, with a PI Inventory and work sample.

Interview Questions

• If you had to develop a program Management plan for a services program where would you start and give /outline the steps you would take to complete on the board in the interview room please.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told would be eligible for an increase at 6 months.