Children’s Home Society of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Children’s Home Society of Florida

2.7

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (South Florida, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and waited two weeks to be contacted to setup a phone interview with my manager. I waited two more weeks and was contacted for an in person interview. I interviewed with my manager and coworker, then waited about a week to be offered the position once I had met all the pre-requisite requirements including drug testing, affidavit of good moral character and other documentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a challenging coworker and what you did to work with them?   1 Answer

Children’s Home Society of Florida Response

Feb 27, 2018 – Chief Talent Officer

Our apologies for the time it took to help you through our recruiting process. We strive to do better than that. If you have any specific feedback you'd like to share regarding your experience... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was about 20 minutes long and built off of my prior experience and how that was applicable. I found that it was very easy to create a dialogue based around what the organization values.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

In both interviews (phone and in-person), the people did not even ask how I was doing. They just jumped right in with interview questions. It was very awkward. It was difficult to build rapport. The questions were your typical interview questions. They were reticent to answer some of my questions, which made me suspicious.

DCM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Bartow, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was with 2 supervisors who read from a script. They gave ample opportunity for an individual like myself who is a bit slow to answer the questions stated on the script. This allowed me the opportunity to think and properly formulate my response.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Met with program director and supervisor. They told me about the program. Asked me if I would be comfortable with home and school visits. Supervisor and PD took turns asking me questions. Gave me a short tour of th facility.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client was in a domestic violence relationship and we're currently seperated and the spouse has made several threats to come to the house where the mother and children stay?   1 Answer

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied as a current employee (online). Interview was postponed a week. Interviewer arrived a few minutes late when it was rescheduled. Felt slighted that I had to pursue getting a yes or no, even though during the interview, I was told the decision would be made quickly.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer explained the questions were behaviorally based.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They give you a sheet of paper with four or five questions that they are going to ask and then give you the opportunity to think about answers before answering.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 values you learned from your parents that you want to teach your children or clients.
      What is your theoretical approach?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2018.

Interview

I came in on time for my interview but the interviewer had me wait in the lobby for like 15 minutes or so before another employee came into the building and helped me get to her office. (The elevator and stairs are locked) When she was told I was there the interviewer said she was on the phone with her bank and told me to hold on. Then she had to wait for another person to join her in the interview. I waited for half an hour past my scheduled interview time to actually sit down with her and interview. The other lady who was in the interview room with us was rude. She took phone calls while I was interviewing. The interviewer also was very distracted as she left the room to talk to other workers when they called her. The place seems disorganized and just too busy.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite therapy models?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a lot of projects to complete and you didn’t have a lot of time to complete them. How did you get everything done on time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida (Gainesville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Alot of paperwork required before interview. Interview was pleasant with just one person. I was asked about skills and experience and how many cases I could carry, I was interviewed twice and applied for the job 5 times.

Interview Questions

• Did I think this job was a good fit for me.   1 Answer

Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children’s Home Society of Florida.

Interview

The interview process is long and extremely drawn out. I was asked a series of behavioral questions. I felt that a lot of them were redundant. Basically they asked the same question in many ways. Overall, I think they need to consider restructuring the process. You are left in the dark about the next steps. Sometimes they hiring manager is contacting you, other times it is someone from HR. The part that I felt uneasy about is the extensive background check BEFORE they give a contingency offer or really even tell you what it is about. I interviewed 3 different times and then received a call from someone in HR. They sent me a packet to proceed with the background check. Any other job I would have been happy to move forward, however, there is very little communication. The background check required that I submit several documents, go get finger printed, drug test, etc. To do all of that requires a lot of time. It is unfair to expect people to do this when they are trying to figure out if the fit is good for them as well. I understand the need for all the detail checks, I just wish they would be more transparent upfront and give a contingency offer like most corporate jobs do. For this very reason I decided to decline continuing the process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral and situational questions.   1 Answer