Children's Hospital Los Angeles Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 99 of over 99 interviews

Campus Recruiting6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

During the interview they asked questions regarding what you would bring to the team and how you handled difficult situations and situational based questions about providing care and how you would prioritize care.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what you would bring to our team of coworkers.
    Answer Question

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

Four person panel with various of questions about yourself and your previous experiences. They want to know if you could handle stress situations well when it comes to children. They also want to know if you could handle distraught parents well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in Feb 2021

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter, have not heard back on if I have been moved on to the next steps. Will hear back in one to two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Do you have clinical experience What is more important to you the job or the location

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

I asked an employee to get me in contact with the internship director and I filled out a few forms for them. It was very easy and they were extremely nice to work with my schedule

Interview Questions
  • I reached out to a current employee and they began the process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Conversation process with the unit manager to get to know my experience and personality. The interview was about 45 minutes long and provided me the opportunity to ask all questions I had.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you have had to be creative in your medical approach to a difficult situation.

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

This was an online group via zoom interview that lasted about an hour and thirty minutes. The same questions were asked to each candidate and they took turns answering.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

After several phone interviews, I was granted an in-person interview with the department. At the start of my in-person interview with the hiring manager and HR rep, I was told the job we would be discussing was not the job to which I applied, but it was similar. (yellow flag #1) Next, I met with the head of department for an engaging discussion - resulting in him extending our allotted time, which I saw as a good sign. However, I also learned in this meeting that "hiring someone is hard because the team is a tight-knit group and they are fussy with whom they work." (yellow flag #2) Afterwards, I met for a group interview with the team who's leader said he hadn't reviewed my resume. (yellow flag #3) Last, I met with the person I would be replacing (who was leaving due to another job offer) who advised he didn't agree with the description of the position as advertised. (yellow flag #4) Nonetheless, I maintained a pleasant nature throughout, provided thoughtful answers, showed my research of the organization and, afterwards, followed up with thank you notes. I never heard back from anyone and sent follow up emails. A while later, the hiring manager responded that the team would be discussing the candidates the following week, and that he would get back to me. Weeks later, I still received no contact but saw the position was re-posted online. I found it strange to have been ghosted, particularly after participating for a couple of hours of interviews. It's unfortunate, but with warning signs appearing throughout the hiring process, I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were standard open-ended (tell us about yourself, etc.)
1 person found this interview helpful

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Interview

This place is incredibly racist against black people. I applied for nurse practitioner jobs and so did a classmate who was white and I had better grades and recommendations, yet she got the job. I have continued applying and have only been asked to one interview. It's as if I'm banned. I also did clinicals there and was treated much more poorly than my white counterparts. If you look at the organization they don't hire black people. It is really disappointing because it's really the only children's hospital in the area. I have spoken to other black friends throughout the years about this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in May 2020

Interview

Very easy process! Started with an online video prescreen with the application. After receiving an email about an online video interview with the unit managers and 5 nurses who worked on the unit as well. Heard back a week later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Children's Hospital Los Angeles

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in Mar 2020

Interview

First step was just a phone call for a quick phone screening and then if they like you and find you qualified you move on to a more comprehensive interview. They present all the applicants that they like to a panel before deciding who to continue with for the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 99 Interviews