Children's Hospital Los Angeles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2016

2.8

RN New Grad Versant Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Short 15 minute screening interview with 2 people. Asked expected questions. If chosen a 2nd hour interview is to be scheduled. The 2nd interview process would involve 2 administrators and 3 staff RN for the unit you are applying for.

RN II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in August 2016.

Interview

1st interview was with the manager for the unit. About an hour long. Basic questions regarding my resume, experience, and desire for the position. Casual interview. Got request for 2nd interview. Got tour of unit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker or patient at your previous job.   1 Answer

Interview

Received an email for interview, met with recruiter & the director of the unit, recruiter called and offered me the job & I went in & did health assessment, drug test, & background check. It was a pretty quick process.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions about the work you've done, how are you as asset to our company, how do you feel about children & dealing with the pass of one and etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pros: Everyone was nice, great team work, great work environment, cafeteria opened until 2am.

Cons: Cost of parking came out of my checks, my manager said she would work with my school schedule but ended up didn't.

I ended up not working there long because school was more important to me and during the interview I was promised my schedule will be worked with but when hired, it was a different story.

Versant New Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

2 part interview process: 1st part was a 15 minute speed interview with 2 managers from the NICCU. They asked basic interview questions regarding personality, with one clinical care question. 2nd part was an hour long interview on the unit with the same 2 managers and a tour of the unit. Questions were more about why I wanted to work at this hospital and in this unit. They gave an overview of the program and verified my commitment to work at CHLA for 2 years after the program. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in this specific NICCU?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles in April 2016.

Interview

I knew I did not have enough experience for this position, so I already expected to be rejected. It was good to get the interview experience and knew what people look for for this position though. Interviewer was the a doctor (principle investigator) that works in the lab. He started with asking me to talk about myself. He then asked what other experiences I have that show I am a good fit for this position. He was looking for previous experience with contacting clients/patients, but I did not have that experience so he explained to me he won't be able to hire me. He also encouraged me to talk to the PI of my lab for more opportunities other than sitting in the office working with data. He also told me that I'm a good student because he saw that I have good grades in all my classes. This made me feel a bit better.

Interview Questions

• What will your lab's principle investigator say about you?   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Skype Speed Interview - fairly easy, typical interview questions. Process was over Skype and there were three different managers for the speed interview. Speed interview seemed a bit rushed and they didn't seem too engaged to what I had to say. It was fairly quick, however, and the interview took no more than 20 minutes

Biomedical Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

we were asked about our backgrounds from grad and under grad and what field we would to work in while the whole panel was sitting in front of us and we were 3/4 of us answering them

Interview Questions

• what field would you like to work in?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first was with the HR resource and then with the lab manager and another staff member. They were polite and direct to the point. I didn't feel like my time was wasted. They made sure I was well matched with the position I was interviewing for. I spoke with HR for about 15 minutes and then the manager about 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for a face to face that was scheduled for an hour and a half that went to four hours. It was a great day and I felt at home. There was a miscommunication between HR, my recruiter and the management but they were very amenable. They were at other locations and came to meet me. I was then taken to HR and filled out the first paperwork. I was called and scheduled for a third more technical interview and that was very informative and straight forward. I was given an offer within two business days. I counter offered and that was accepted within two business days.

Interview Questions

• Too many questions to list but HR wanted to know firstly that I knew the role I was applying for and the range of salary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very straight forward. They respected me and my wishes.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Applied, contacted later in the week. Scheduled interview for the next day, interviewed with 4 representatives that we clearly dedicated to the company. Management style represents one that is focused on choosing the right people for the job. Very relaxed yet engaging interview.

Interview Questions

• Personal
      Situational
      Long term/Short term goals
      Questions about my education
      Answer Question

Care Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 managers all very kind ladies, no offer, in total about 20 minutes or so mostly talk about yourself and what you have to offer and your experience.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Children's Hospital Los Angeles RN New Grad Versant Program Interview Los Angeles, CA Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Children's Hospital Los Angeles RN New Grad Versant Program Interview Los Angeles, CA Why did you choose Children's Hospital Los Angeles?
Children's Hospital Los Angeles RN II Interview Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker or patient at your previous job.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Patient Care Service Aides Interview Just general questions about the work you've done, how are you as asset to our company, how do you feel about children & dealing with the pass of one and etc.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Versant New Graduate Program Interview Los Angeles, CA Why do you want to work in this specific NICCU?
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Project Coordinator Interview What will your lab's principle investigator say about you?
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Nurse Interview Los Angeles, CA Briefly describe a time you made a mistake
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Biomedical Research Interview Los Angeles, CA what field would you like to work in?
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Systems Analyst Interview Los Angeles, CA Too many questions to list but HR wanted to know firstly that I knew the role I was applying for and the range of salary.
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Coordinator Interview Personal Situational Long term/Short term goals Questions about my education
Children's Hospital Los Angeles Care Partner Interview Los Angeles, CA Tell us about yourself?