Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.6

Medical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I was contacted directly by head of Social Services who then coordinated a panel interview with the medical team I would be assigned to. A date and time when all members of their team were available to meet that I was available was agreed upon. I first met individually with the Social Services head, who reviewed general responsibilities of the social services staff, and then was brought to the panel for the remainder of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Team requested information regarding my previous workplace experiences, how well I work with a team setting.   1 Answer

Psychology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA).

Interview

National matching process. Interview was a group interview with a panel of psychologists, psychiatrists, and current interns. One question is asked and then every interviewee is expected to answer the same question. Authenticity, self awareness, willing to learn and grow is important.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation-Set salary

Office Associate Interview

Interview

first phone call they advised will set up interview date that's it no more I can say I did not get hired
    I just want to finish this so I did not get a call back to continue the interview

Dietetic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email and we scheduled a day and time for an in-person interview. I met with two of the department's managers in a small room. The interview was pretty quick as the two managers did not have that many questions. I asked a few questions of my own and the managers told stories of previous employees moving to higher paid positions.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The administrative assistant contacted me via phone and then email. After the first brief conversation we had, I heard nothing for about a week. Then a week later, I received more information about the next steps for interview. The panel of people I met were very nice and relaxed. They also seemed very happy.

Interview Questions

• How long do I intend to work for them? When can I start? How did I hear about them?   Answer Question

Study Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. One in-person interview with my potential supervisor which consisted of basic questions such as goals, experiences, what I hoped to get out of this job, etc. No curveball questions and the whole process was extremely informal. I was able to ask questions about my potential duties as well as other aspects of the position. Process takes a very very long time from interview to job offer however due to the slow nature of the hospital's administration.

Interview Questions

• What are your short-term goals? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland.

Interview

More on the informal side. I got to know the lab, was showed around the facilities. We discussed previous research experience and current projects in the lab. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• My experience level, my comfort level with particular procedures.   Answer Question

Study Coordinator III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland (Oakland, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had one interview (I have heard others have 2). Was offered the job during the interview. Over about a month span I had my background check done, drug test, submit vaccinations then attended an orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating

Mental Health Worker II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland.

Interview

Got interview through school recruitment process. Interviews were very nice and friendly. Typical questions of 5-year plan and what my strengths and weaknesses are. Main pro was that they noticed I wanted to learn from different branches of CHORI and would personally set these shadowing opportunities up for me should I sign on.

Interview Questions

• Job experience, techniques on working with children with ASB, showing them my therapy knowledge   Answer Question

I moved to a different area to pursue a job in a different state.

Dietetic Assistant Interview

Interview

After applying on the Children's Hospital website, they contact you by phone to schedule an in person appointment. The interview is with two people and they ask you to first describe yourself and your background related to the job. Both interviewers had a paper with a bunch of questions that they can draw from to ask you. They asked questions like what was a goal you made and what you have done to achieve it and your availability if you are hired. There were a lot of scenario questions where they ask you what you would do when talking to a parent or patient who has called down from the patient room requesting certain menu items such as a parent requesting grapes for their child, but grapes are considered a choking hazard and not offered for the child. Another scenario was asking what you would do if lactose intolerant patient called down for scrambled eggs but the system showed that the eggs from the kitchen contain dairy. After these scenario question, they ask if you have further questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: Patient underwent surgery and has been on a clear liquid diet but the nurse insists to send regular food to the patient before they are discharged. What would you do?   1 Answer