Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Clinical Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Clinical Research Assistant

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied to a job at CHOP online. A recruiter from CHOP contacted me a week or so later and we set up a time to speak on the phone. The call wasn't really an interview, it was more of an opportunity to let me know that they were interested in me based upon the information I provided and wanted to find a good fit for me at CHOP. The recruiter told me about a few job openings that I might fit and I gave the go-ahead to forward my resume to those teams. She asked me about specific experience with programs and skills. Super nice person.

I think my resume was given to three openings. I heard back about a week later from one and scheduled an in-person interview for a week or so later. The interview was with the team I would be working with. They seemed interested in knowing that I was interested in the job that I would be doing and had experience with the key skills. Everyone was nice and I felt very much at-ease.

I heard back 2 weeks later from the recruiter that I was being offered the position. I negotiated a salary and accepted. I was able to start about a month later due to the every two week schedule of orientation and the time it would take to get all of my clearances.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past when you've gone over-schedule for a task?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within two weeks they emailed me for a phone interview. The person seemed uninterested and asked basic questions that didn't leave much room to elaborate. Said they were interviewing others and would let me know if I had in person. I was told they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of research? What is one problem you've had in a previous research project?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in February 2016.

Interview

It took 2 weeks after I submitted my application to hear back from the Recruiter. We had a very enthusiastic conversation about CHOP and she was transparent about salary levels and highly motivated to, 'get me on her team'. She said we would be in touch and that PI's would be reaching out to interview me over the next few weeks. I followed up weekly for the 3 subsequent weeks, finally got a response that the recruiter was requesting an update. Kind of disappointing to have not had the promised follow up with PI's after the initial phone conversation went so well.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP? Do you have experience in data analysis or study management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on line. Was emailed and allowed to set up a phone interview with a talent acquisition worker. She put my information forward and few days later I was invited for an in person interview with the lead of that particular research project. After interview was asked for 5 references 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• What prior work experience? Where do you see yourself in ten years? Are you willing to learn skills you might not posses already?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Initial contact for hiring & interviewing came from the Nursing Career Center.
    Number of interviews varies, depending on the actual department.
    The people I contacted with were extremely pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Used (same) standardized questions for all interviews. My biggest challenge was trying to determine if I should give the same answer or present a different example.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable; this information was given upfront.