Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

2.8

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I applied to a job at CHOP online. A recruiter from CHOP contacted me a week or so later and we set up a time to speak on the phone. The call wasn't really an interview, it was more of an opportunity to let me know that they were interested in me based upon the information I provided and wanted to find a good fit for me at CHOP. The recruiter told me about a few job openings that I might fit and I gave the go-ahead to forward my resume to those teams. She asked me about specific experience with programs and skills. Super nice person.

I think my resume was given to three openings. I heard back about a week later from one and scheduled an in-person interview for a week or so later. The interview was with the team I would be working with. They seemed interested in knowing that I was interested in the job that I would be doing and had experience with the key skills. Everyone was nice and I felt very much at-ease.

I heard back 2 weeks later from the recruiter that I was being offered the position. I negotiated a salary and accepted. I was able to start about a month later due to the every two week schedule of orientation and the time it would take to get all of my clearances.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past when you've gone over-schedule for a task?   Answer Question

Access Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online. After about a week i was emailed for a "Video Interview" the following day i was invited to take an online simulation. After passing the simulation i was contacted the next morning to talk on the phone with a recruiter and to schedule an in person interview.

The in person interview was approximately 1 hr long. I was instructed it would take 1-2 weeks to determine if they were interested in pursuing my application. About 3 hours later i was contacted for references.

After the references were completed I was offered a position

Interview Questions

• Why am i looking for a new job   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

First i had the phone interview. Then i had the in-person interview. They asked many questions about my few years i spent at another hospital. They called me back in for another interview. It went well.

Access Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through 4 interviews only to get turned down. They told me that I was a good fit and that they were anxious for me to meet the other hiring managers. Got called in for a 3rd interview and then they said I didn’t qualify because I have too much experience.

Registered RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Did video interview. Took a month to hear back. Got an in person interview. Typical questions. They seemed the same but asked in a different way. A lot in relation to past experiences and giving examples. The interviewer seemed friendly but was sighing a lot in the midst of me answering her questions. Then she proceeded to tell me someone from another state was also interviewing for a position. Long story short, she showed me around the unit. I remained engaged and asked questions but from the beginning I could tell I wasn't getting the job already. We shook hands and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation you wish you could have handled differently and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a difficult situation with staff   Answer Question
    • Why this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a nurse   Answer Question
    • Why chop   Answer Question
    • Most of the other questions required you to find creative ways to answer them because they were literally repetitive. That was the annoying tedious part because she's asking these questions, I'm giving the answers and you can tell when someone already knew before you opened your mouth that it was going nowhere. I just had to smile my way through and be respectful as I could and answer the questions properly with all that I knew how. The first part of the interview was about how the nurse residency program there worked and papers were given for reference as to what was explained. I did my nurses best but if someone doesnt want you, you can tell. Best of luck to all!!   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward and asked a lot of behavioral type questions. Process took about 3 weeks. Be prepared for "tell me about a time when..." and what you can contribute to the hospital/why should we hire you.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Did phone interview July 26th, 2nd interview Aug 9th and then met with Director of Outpatient Registration yesterday and was told I'm the only finalist for the position. Today received an email telling me to complete some additional steps in my profile. I'm honestly waiting for a offer letter at this point. All interviews have gone well. Awaiting offer still

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

The HR person interviewed me over the phone and then a manager interviewed me over the phone. The problem was, the HR person told me I was not allowed to start until all my paper work was in but I had a no call no show on the day I was suppose to start. So, a lot of miscommunication but overall an easy experience.

Clinical Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The overall phone interview with the recruiter was nice. She even forwarded my application to other departments that might want me. At the same day, the department I initially applied sent me an email for another phone interview in the coming week. I even checked with them the time twice. However, the interviewer never called me on the scheduled time. I tried to reach out to them 10 minutes after he/she missed the call, but no one answered or replied. 2 days later, I tried to email the interviewer again to see if he/she wants to reschedule the interview, he/she replied that the department decided to go another way with the position without even apology for missing the call or any notice ahead.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. Skills, experience, why applying for the position...   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

After an online application I was contacted to fill out a basic survey of how I would handle situations. The interview took place in three half an hour blocks with three people in each group. Questions were relevant and made with consideration.