Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

4 total interviews: 1 with HR, 1 on the phone with the PI, 1 in person with the PI, and 1 with the head of the department that the project is based in.

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Interview

One day interview with the group director, members and served PIs. Had to go to several different places to meet people. The director met at the beginning and the end.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

It's a very nice experience overall and everyone I've met was very friendly and helpful;
    Got the call on 1/18, set up the interview on the 31st(definetly free parking) , and completed the pre-record 5 questions in between. A few days after the in person interview, was asked for the 5 references.
    And then the waiting game ended on 3/28. I got a phone call and offered.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I began applying for Patient Service Representative positions in late March 2017. I received an email inviting me to phone interview with a recruiter on Tuesday, April 18, 2016. I scheduled the very next available interview for Tuesday, April 265, 2016. I work a normal 9-5 at a major insurance company so I made sure to schedule time off with my current employer to meet the needs and demands of CHOP's interview processing. My interview was scheduled for 10:40am-11:00am with an interviewer. I sat at my kitchen table all ready to interview when waiting for 5 minutes turned into 10, to 14, to 20, to 35 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Worried that I could've possibly done something wrong in the scheduling, I kindly emailed the Talent Acquisition Team and placed a phone call for an automatic callback inquiring about the status of the interview and if it had been rescheduled. I'd finally received a phone call from a young lady in the HR office at 11:30 who'd stated she and the office were unaware that that particular interview stepped out of the office, apologized for the inconvenience and kindly rescheduled me for Thursday, April 27th. Still no replies to my email inquiries until at 1:24pm on April 25th (the same day of my originally scheduled phone interview) The original interviewer advised that unfortunately she would have to cancel my RESCHEDULED interview because the position has been filled and 'good luck with my job search'. How is the position filled the day of the interview - BEFORE I COULD EVEN interview? If She was "out of the office and the HR department weren't aware of her absence" how could she have sent me that harsh, nasty email? I also want to note that my interviewer never apologized for how she treated me at the start of the morning.

I just wanted to let CHOP know that I did not appreciate how I was treated and handled during this brief interview process. I felt robbed of my time and effort, and completely disrespected. It was very unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

A few month ago I was contacted to do an online pre-recorded interview that consisted of 5 questions. They determined from that interview that I would be contacted about positions that would be applicable to me. I was then contacted by HR and set up an interview with the nurse manager of the unit I was being considered on. It was a typical one on one interview. I had a shadow immediately after for about an hour. I was contacted in about a week and a half with the status of my application. Everybody was really nice and I was very comfortable there.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

got and invite for a phone interview went on for about 20 minutes. Then three weeks later got an invite for a in person interview. They were very professional and asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Think they focused more on personal experience versus technical skils.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, which was about 10 minutes long and was really just clarifying schedule and salary requirements. The recruiter told me she was forwarding my application to the hiring manager and I should receive an invitation to a face-to-face interview in about two weeks. The face-to-face interview was exactly when I expected and it went very well. I was introduced to current staff members while I was there. The next step is to do a "shadowing" day to determine if I do want to continue with the process. At this point I have not been officially offered the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

From start to finish, it took about three months. I was interviewed by four people at different times and was not reimbursed for parking or transportation. First I was screened by Human Resources. Then I was called by a middle level staff person on the project and interviewed. Then I was called in for a face to face interview with a manager. And then I was called in for another face to face interview with the Principal Investigator. The manager seemed eager to have the position filled. The Principal Investigator looked at her phone several times during the interview, but took time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with clinical research? Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I accepted the offer they gave me without negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient had the biggest impact on you?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.
      1 Answer