Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The overall phone interview with the recruiter was nice. She even forwarded my application to other departments that might want me. At the same day, the department I initially applied sent me an email for another phone interview in the coming week. I even checked with them the time twice. However, the interviewer never called me on the scheduled time. I tried to reach out to them 10 minutes after he/she missed the call, but no one answered or replied. 2 days later, I tried to email the interviewer again to see if he/she wants to reschedule the interview, he/she replied that the department decided to go another way with the position without even apology for missing the call or any notice ahead.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. Skills, experience, why applying for the position...   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I've applied three different times, and only gotten a phone interview twice. Never have made it past the phone interview. Took them a month to finally send me a rejection letter. I've never had this much difficulty getting a job, and I am highly qualified and experienced.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews and one assignment. First was a phone call interview, then a short assignment needed for coding R about a topic you define and showing some graphed data using R. After the assignment was completed, a 5 hour interview process was requested to meet about 6-7 different employees within the department including the Director. As well as a short technical interview where there was a series of questions involving data processing skills.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (West Chester, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

first u had a phone interview, then I was called for a in person interview, a week later a rejection letter ,location kinda far from Philadelphia ,pa I thought it went really well but , I guess wasn't good enough good interview thought it lasted about 45 mins

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Interview

One day interview with the group director, members and served PIs. Had to go to several different places to meet people. The director met at the beginning and the end.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I began applying for Patient Service Representative positions in late March 2017. I received an email inviting me to phone interview with a recruiter on Tuesday, April 18, 2016. I scheduled the very next available interview for Tuesday, April 265, 2016. I work a normal 9-5 at a major insurance company so I made sure to schedule time off with my current employer to meet the needs and demands of CHOP's interview processing. My interview was scheduled for 10:40am-11:00am with an interviewer. I sat at my kitchen table all ready to interview when waiting for 5 minutes turned into 10, to 14, to 20, to 35 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Worried that I could've possibly done something wrong in the scheduling, I kindly emailed the Talent Acquisition Team and placed a phone call for an automatic callback inquiring about the status of the interview and if it had been rescheduled. I'd finally received a phone call from a young lady in the HR office at 11:30 who'd stated she and the office were unaware that that particular interview stepped out of the office, apologized for the inconvenience and kindly rescheduled me for Thursday, April 27th. Still no replies to my email inquiries until at 1:24pm on April 25th (the same day of my originally scheduled phone interview) The original interviewer advised that unfortunately she would have to cancel my RESCHEDULED interview because the position has been filled and 'good luck with my job search'. How is the position filled the day of the interview - BEFORE I COULD EVEN interview? If She was "out of the office and the HR department weren't aware of her absence" how could she have sent me that harsh, nasty email? I also want to note that my interviewer never apologized for how she treated me at the start of the morning.

I just wanted to let CHOP know that I did not appreciate how I was treated and handled during this brief interview process. I felt robbed of my time and effort, and completely disrespected. It was very unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within two weeks they emailed me for a phone interview. The person seemed uninterested and asked basic questions that didn't leave much room to elaborate. Said they were interviewing others and would let me know if I had in person. I was told they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of research? What is one problem you've had in a previous research project?   Answer Question

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to discuss about opportunity , he followed up after couple days with Interview time and date. No response after follow up email and calls after interview, I called every other week and Talent acquisition team mentioned that I am still being considered and recruiter can't follow up with you because they are so busy. Last week a person from Talent team mentioned that position is filed and she is not sure why I was not notified about that.

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

A few month ago I was contacted to do an online pre-recorded interview that consisted of 5 questions. They determined from that interview that I would be contacted about positions that would be applicable to me. I was then contacted by HR and set up an interview with the nurse manager of the unit I was being considered on. It was a typical one on one interview. I had a shadow immediately after for about an hour. I was contacted in about a week and a half with the status of my application. Everybody was really nice and I was very comfortable there.