Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.8

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really good. I was being interviewed for 2 medical assistant positions at once.. I got denied for one so I thought I got denied for both. A month or so later I had a face to face interview for a part time position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when u was at work and u went far and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

4 total interviews: 1 with HR, 1 on the phone with the PI, 1 in person with the PI, and 1 with the head of the department that the project is based in.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (West Chester, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

first u had a phone interview, then I was called for a in person interview, a week later a rejection letter ,location kinda far from Philadelphia ,pa I thought it went really well but , I guess wasn't good enough good interview thought it lasted about 45 mins

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Interview

One day interview with the group director, members and served PIs. Had to go to several different places to meet people. The director met at the beginning and the end.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

It's a very nice experience overall and everyone I've met was very friendly and helpful;
    Got the call on 1/18, set up the interview on the 31st(definetly free parking) , and completed the pre-record 5 questions in between. A few days after the in person interview, was asked for the 5 references.
    And then the waiting game ended on 3/28. I got a phone call and offered.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I began applying for Patient Service Representative positions in late March 2017. I received an email inviting me to phone interview with a recruiter on Tuesday, April 18, 2016. I scheduled the very next available interview for Tuesday, April 265, 2016. I work a normal 9-5 at a major insurance company so I made sure to schedule time off with my current employer to meet the needs and demands of CHOP's interview processing. My interview was scheduled for 10:40am-11:00am with an interviewer. I sat at my kitchen table all ready to interview when waiting for 5 minutes turned into 10, to 14, to 20, to 35 minutes AFTER the scheduled interview time. Worried that I could've possibly done something wrong in the scheduling, I kindly emailed the Talent Acquisition Team and placed a phone call for an automatic callback inquiring about the status of the interview and if it had been rescheduled. I'd finally received a phone call from a young lady in the HR office at 11:30 who'd stated she and the office were unaware that that particular interview stepped out of the office, apologized for the inconvenience and kindly rescheduled me for Thursday, April 27th. Still no replies to my email inquiries until at 1:24pm on April 25th (the same day of my originally scheduled phone interview) The original interviewer advised that unfortunately she would have to cancel my RESCHEDULED interview because the position has been filled and 'good luck with my job search'. How is the position filled the day of the interview - BEFORE I COULD EVEN interview? If She was "out of the office and the HR department weren't aware of her absence" how could she have sent me that harsh, nasty email? I also want to note that my interviewer never apologized for how she treated me at the start of the morning.

I just wanted to let CHOP know that I did not appreciate how I was treated and handled during this brief interview process. I felt robbed of my time and effort, and completely disrespected. It was very unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate!

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview asking my experience and giving some information about the job. Recruiter was very nice and calm, which made me relax. Plenty of give and take in the conversation. Did not feel one-sided.

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

A few month ago I was contacted to do an online pre-recorded interview that consisted of 5 questions. They determined from that interview that I would be contacted about positions that would be applicable to me. I was then contacted by HR and set up an interview with the nurse manager of the unit I was being considered on. It was a typical one on one interview. I had a shadow immediately after for about an hour. I was contacted in about a week and a half with the status of my application. Everybody was really nice and I was very comfortable there.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

got and invite for a phone interview went on for about 20 minutes. Then three weeks later got an invite for a in person interview. They were very professional and asked a lot of behavioral and situational questions. Think they focused more on personal experience versus technical skils.

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March 2017.

Interview

Before completion of the interview process, I received an email requesting at least five references. The email included a link to set up the references so they would receive an email to complete a survey. I was also instructed to inform them prior to submitting the survey, so they would watch out for the email as it did not have CHOP’s identification on it and could be mistaken for junk. Most of my references missed the email and I had to resend it. My references informed me that the survey was very time consuming. Following this process, I was called in for another interview. Following the final interview, I did not receive appropriate communication regarding next steps and no response to my emails. The most disappointing part of the experience was the inconvenience to my references.