Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Therapist Interview

Interview

Interviewed with several staff who asked clinical questions pertaining to development, standardized evaluations, MMT, cultural issues, and handling death of a patient.

Observed therapy session, developed goals, listed strengths and weaknesses of the patients as well as activities to develop patients skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I've applied three different times, and only gotten a phone interview twice. Never have made it past the phone interview. Took them a month to finally send me a rejection letter. I've never had this much difficulty getting a job, and I am highly qualified and experienced.

Bioinformatics Scientist Interview

Interview

One day interview with the group director, members and served PIs. Had to go to several different places to meet people. The director met at the beginning and the end.

Healthcare Data Analyst - Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three part process:
    (1) After applying online, I was sent a "data exercise" which consisted of building a cohort of patients from multiple tables of fake EMR data provided. Any programming langue could be used (SQL, SAS, python, R, etc). I did not receive any feedback on this exercise at any point in the interview process.

(2) After submitting the exercise, I was contacted by email to set up a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. Basic questions, nothing crazy.

(3) A few days after the phone screen, I was contacted by email to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted 5 hours and consisted of multiple parts:
    --Another data exercise (conceptual, no programming)
    --A case study
    --Two additional interviews with basic interview questions about resume, etc.
    --Lunch with the team
    --Give a 15 minute presentation (that was prompted and prepared ahead of time) followed by 15 min Q&A
    --Quick de-brief with the hiring manager

I was contacted by email 3 days later and told I did not get the job. Total interview process lasted 2-3 weeks and I spoke to about 8-10 different people.

Research Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The process took about a month in total. I met with about 15 - 20 different people across two days. I had an initial informational interview with the direct supervisor of the position and later I was given a database query assignment to verify some of my technical skills. Two weeks later I began the formal interview process. The first day was at the IS research office and the second day was at a clinical research center. I also gave a presentation on a technical topic of my choosing.

Interview Questions

• technical background, elaboration on my prior jobs and specific projects on which I have worked, how I wouldhandle specific situations in interacting with different types of employees, where do I ultimately see my career and education taking me, why am I interested in research at CHOP, asking me how to perform specific technical tasks and estimating how long it would take me to perform them, what are some of my strengths and weaknesses, how I resolve workflow/technical issues   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week heard back from HR to set up a video interview with the department. The video interview was structured and over an hour long. The head of the department explained the hospital dynamic then asked me questions then let me ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a coworker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

They contact you via email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview is approximately 30 minutes, or seemingly shorter if they are not really interested. The go over housekeeping information with you to ensure they have all of the most up to date information. They then go through your resume discussing any lapses in employment or many of those other tid-bits HR folks are trained to pick up from a resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CHOP?   Answer Question
    • Name a project you are most proud.   Answer Question
    • Are you good at other computer programs other than those we have mentioned? (this question does not include Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Access, ETC.)   Answer Question

Summer ResearchCRISSP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

The interview was a 1 hour interview with the physician I would have been working with. She gave a lot of hypothetical research examples, and then asked a lot of "where would you go next with this knowledge/data." Overall, I think that the interview went well, but they are really looking for prior experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous research opportunities, in detail... (Know how to sum everything up. You rmind can get cluttered on the spot, and you want to avoid blabbering on about small details)   Answer Question

Clinical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in May 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then 5 weeks of interviews with various team members. Comprehensive questions, tour of facility. All team members were friendly, honest and informative. Staff are certainly concerned about ringing the best candidate aboard to work with the children they serve.

Laboratory Operations Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interviews were quickly arranged after I applied. Three different days to complete the process; which was a lot of time away from my current job. They paid for all the parking which was very decent as parking is expensive. Everyone was wonderful, very cordial - and were willing to answer all questions. The whole day of interviews was a challenge, but everyone did everything that they could to make is as pleasant an experience as possible.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel that there were any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question