Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and recruitment and interview with nursing management. Final interview with HR and then offer over phone. Was an overall great process at CHOP

Registered RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Did video interview. Took a month to hear back. Got an in person interview. Typical questions. They seemed the same but asked in a different way. A lot in relation to past experiences and giving examples. The interviewer seemed friendly but was sighing a lot in the midst of me answering her questions. Then she proceeded to tell me someone from another state was also interviewing for a position. Long story short, she showed me around the unit. I remained engaged and asked questions but from the beginning I could tell I wasn't getting the job already. We shook hands and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation you wish you could have handled differently and why?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What is a situation in which you had to deal with a difficult patient and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a difficult situation with staff   Answer Question
    • Why this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a nurse   Answer Question
    • Why chop   Answer Question
    • Most of the other questions required you to find creative ways to answer them because they were literally repetitive. That was the annoying tedious part because she's asking these questions, I'm giving the answers and you can tell when someone already knew before you opened your mouth that it was going nowhere. I just had to smile my way through and be respectful as I could and answer the questions properly with all that I knew how. The first part of the interview was about how the nurse residency program there worked and papers were given for reference as to what was explained. I did my nurses best but if someone doesnt want you, you can tell. Best of luck to all!!   Answer Question

Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial screening person did not carefully read my resume- The education requirements specified a specific degree ***Or its equal. I have an equivalent. Following screen I thought I was actually being considered- unfortunately, the hiring manager did not read my resume. I was actually offered a lesser job with the opportunity to grow into the tech position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Interview was very straightforward and asked a lot of behavioral type questions. Process took about 3 weeks. Be prepared for "tell me about a time when..." and what you can contribute to the hospital/why should we hire you.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

First did a video interview with about 5 questions after being screened over the phone. Then brought in for in-person interview with management and to shadow RNs on the floor. Most questions were very specific and asked for examples. Consider difficult interactions with patients you have had in the past and how you have dealt with them.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

Did phone interview July 26th, 2nd interview Aug 9th and then met with Director of Outpatient Registration yesterday and was told I'm the only finalist for the position. Today received an email telling me to complete some additional steps in my profile. I'm honestly waiting for a offer letter at this point. All interviews have gone well. Awaiting offer still

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and they got back within a week for a pre-recorded video interview. Five questions in total. They give you 1-2 minutes for you to prepare the answer and you get to record your answer after that. You can answer up to 2 mins in each question.

Interview Questions

• Why CHOP?   Answer Question
    • Tell us when you had to deal a difficult situation in communicating with other people.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time when you were different from people around you and what did you learn from that experience.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • Two units/ fields you would I to work at CHOP   Answer Question

Clinical Resource Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. A week later, the recruiter sent me an email to schedule a phone interview. The overall phone interview with the recruiter was nice. She even forwarded my application to other departments that might want me. At the same day, the department I initially applied sent me an email for another phone interview in the coming week. I even checked with them the time twice. However, the interviewer never called me on the scheduled time. I tried to reach out to them 10 minutes after he/she missed the call, but no one answered or replied. 2 days later, I tried to email the interviewer again to see if he/she wants to reschedule the interview, he/she replied that the department decided to go another way with the position without even apology for missing the call or any notice ahead.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions. Skills, experience, why applying for the position...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

The HR person interviewed me over the phone and then a manager interviewed me over the phone. The problem was, the HR person told me I was not allowed to start until all my paper work was in but I had a no call no show on the day I was suppose to start. So, a lot of miscommunication but overall an easy experience.

Technical Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to discuss about opportunity , he followed up after couple days with Interview time and date. No response after follow up email and calls after interview, I called every other week and Talent acquisition team mentioned that I am still being considered and recruiter can't follow up with you because they are so busy. Last week a person from Talent team mentioned that position is filed and she is not sure why I was not notified about that.