Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

A few month ago I was contacted to do an online pre-recorded interview that consisted of 5 questions. They determined from that interview that I would be contacted about positions that would be applicable to me. I was then contacted by HR and set up an interview with the nurse manager of the unit I was being considered on. It was a typical one on one interview. I had a shadow immediately after for about an hour. I was contacted in about a week and a half with the status of my application. Everybody was really nice and I was very comfortable there.

Healthcare Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

CHOP emails a data set exercise after applying for the job. I got response from the CHOP only after I inquired them of my answer to the data exercise. I had a phone interview. It lasted for 10-15min. The first question was tell me your life story. The interviewer seemed to be going through paper while we were talking. There were many moments of awkward silence since after I answered the question he didn't respond. The burden was on me to continue the flow. I had to start asking him questions because of the awkward silence. It was unexpected.

Patient Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, which was about 10 minutes long and was really just clarifying schedule and salary requirements. The recruiter told me she was forwarding my application to the hiring manager and I should receive an invitation to a face-to-face interview in about two weeks. The face-to-face interview was exactly when I expected and it went very well. I was introduced to current staff members while I was there. The next step is to do a "shadowing" day to determine if I do want to continue with the process. At this point I have not been officially offered the position.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

From start to finish, it took about three months. I was interviewed by four people at different times and was not reimbursed for parking or transportation. First I was screened by Human Resources. Then I was called by a middle level staff person on the project and interviewed. Then I was called in for a face to face interview with a manager. And then I was called in for another face to face interview with the Principal Investigator. The manager seemed eager to have the position filled. The Principal Investigator looked at her phone several times during the interview, but took time to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with clinical research? Why do you want this position? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I accepted the offer they gave me without negotiation.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for the new graduate residency program via the employee referral program. I was asked to complete a video interview, which entailed recording answers to 5 pre-recorded questions over a webcam. The next day I was informed that I was entered the talent pool, and a couple of weeks later an in-person interview with a 3.5-hour shadowing experience on the unit I applied to was scheduled. The in-person interview felt casual, and was mostly the unit manager describing the unit and the position, with only two or three questions for me. I was called with a job offer one week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?
      What patient had the biggest impact on you?
      Tell us about a time you had difficulty communicating with someone.
      Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a patient.
      1 Answer

Healthcare Data Analyst - Quality Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three part process:
    (1) After applying online, I was sent a "data exercise" which consisted of building a cohort of patients from multiple tables of fake EMR data provided. Any programming langue could be used (SQL, SAS, python, R, etc). I did not receive any feedback on this exercise at any point in the interview process.

(2) After submitting the exercise, I was contacted by email to set up a 30 minute phone screen with the hiring manager. Basic questions, nothing crazy.

(3) A few days after the phone screen, I was contacted by email to set up an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted 5 hours and consisted of multiple parts:
    --Another data exercise (conceptual, no programming)
    --A case study
    --Two additional interviews with basic interview questions about resume, etc.
    --Lunch with the team
    --Give a 15 minute presentation (that was prompted and prepared ahead of time) followed by 15 min Q&A
    --Quick de-brief with the hiring manager

I was contacted by email 3 days later and told I did not get the job. Total interview process lasted 2-3 weeks and I spoke to about 8-10 different people.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

You have first to look for the related topics on their website, and then email to contact PI. You have to determine who is PI based on job descriptions. Then PI will ask a telephone interview, onsite interview and then HR for enrollment.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a disagreement with someone and how did you handle it? Tell me a time when you were different from people around you and how did you handle it? When was the last time you taught someone something and how did you know that they understood? Why do you want to work at CHOP?   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first was a phone interview, and the second was an on-site interview. Both were conducted by the manager of Internal Communications. The interview was both straightforward and friendly. My interviewer (who later became my boss) was welcoming and answered all of my questions about the job responsibilities, day-to-day in the department, and office culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you cope with three or four projects with tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Practice Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Phila, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume, Phone interview with person not at CHOP, followed by live interview in Center city with hiring person for CHOP. Hour long discussion of past employment and experience. Told of problems they are experiencing in job that needs to be filled. Discussed training if hired and personality of physicians under whom Inwould work.

Interview Questions

• Asked If I ever had problem employees.
      Asked what salary requirements were.
      Discussed my past work experience.
      1 Answer

Staff Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Apply online, one telephone interview, one face-to-face meeting. I had a letter that I wrote to the director of the program. They called to set up time to have a telephone interview. I had the telephone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. They scheduled a face-to face meeting downtown at the main hospital. The interview was a 1:1 with the director of the program. She said she would get back to me within 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CHOP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation